Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Party for Just Two

Hubby and I had a Superbowl Party tonight. Just the two of us. For several years we had the youth group to our house for the Superbowl. I kinda miss that. Frankly, I miss the days we had friends. See, we don't know any one in this town and when event like this happen, it bothers me.

Anyway... Hubby and I made some snacks in good Superbowl tradition, and settled in for the event. I ignore the game and watch the commercials. Hubby actually watches the game! I think it's kind of hard on him to not mute the commercials. He's the king of the mute button. As of half-time this year, I can only say there were two commercials I really liked. Hands down my favorite was the VW commercial. You know, the one where the dog wanted to chase a car, but wasn't skinny enough to fit through the doggie door so he worked out enough to get small enough to take off after the new VW Bug. Then it cuts to a Star Wars-ish bar scene complete with Darth Vador. Awesome. Oh look --  I found it on YouTube! Here ya go:



I clapped at the end of it.
The guy in the bar was referring to this great commercial from last year:



I know this is all such fascinating stuff, but hey, it's my life right now.

4 comments:

Sandy Cutshall said...

You should have come to visit us! I watched the WHOLE game, including commercials and half-time. I loved the graduation gift commercial...

Joyce said...

We don't have close friends in this town either. We talk about that often. This is a tough place to break in and I'm sure our age is a factor. We do have friends near here, mostly thru work or one sweet couple we've known since the first time we live here, but they're all scattered around the area (the nature of life in the NY Suburbs). We miss having friends to just drop in on or call spur of the moment. My husband had a flight out at a ridiculously late hour so we couldn't really do a party anyway. He left for the airport at halftime. I still watched the game-we're in Giants country : )

paintergal said...

Thanks for posting one of the commercials. I didn't watch any of the Super Bowl. Downton Abbey was calling! :)
We didn't have friends here either, UNTIL we decided to move back to our former town. Then we started to get acquainted with a couple in town. Go figure!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your favorite commercial! I only caught the last 30 or so minutes of the game, from the recliner, with my eyes occasionally shutting... tee hee. Nothing like a football game to take a nap to. (my apologies to those who love football.)
I also loved your last two random posts. The whole buy something then get a magazine subscription seems like such a scam to me.
Have a great week!