Two days ago, my baby turned 22 on the twenty-second -- so it was her Golden Birthday! I thought for a long time about what I wanted to do to celebrate that momentous day even though I am 450 miles away from her. I went to a party supply store and found some gold wrapping paper, bows and shredded paper. I also bought a Golden Anniversary card (a 50th wedding anniversary card) and crossed out words and added words to make it fit a birthday. Cheesy, but fun!
I packed the gold wrapped gifts, gold shredded paper and some gold wrapped chocolates all in a box and even put some gold stars on the box. (The lady at the post office got a kick out of the stars.)
 |
| Don't you like my oh-so-professional editing to remove her address? |
Megan said she loved all the gold and had fun opening the gifts! Happy Birthday, again sweet-pea!
3 comments:
Cute idea! My kids' birthdays are on the 1st, the 5th, the 7th, and the 10th...so their golden birthdays have come and gone. Since they were all still living at home, I didn't need to mail them a package!
I did the same thing for my daughter's golden birthday. I giftwrapped a box in gold paper and filled it with golden groceries: honey, Honey Nut Cheerios, Goldfish crackers, etc.
Isn't being a mom fun?
Love it! She is so lucky to have parents that care so much for her on these special "adult" milestones like this!
Post a Comment