Thursday, February 2, 2012

Random Stuff - Part 2

Today I have a continuation of the random stuff in my head. But there is an added bonus of pictures in this post! WooHoo!

::I am not a fan of shopping in a grocery store under renovation/remodeling. One word: Chaos. That and the store seems to be under-supplied or out-dated supplied. I wanted to buy some sprouts today, but put them back when I realized the date on it read 1-31-12 and the package was a bit drippy. Eww.

::I was a bit too optimistic on the whole going out without a coat thing today. The temp was the same as yesterday (45), but cloudy. The sunshine yesterday was the difference. Now I'm sitting here with the space heater on. Brrr.


::I got a new cover for my phone today. I seem to be slightly obsessed with looking for the "perfect" cover. But I think this is my most favorite one. I just love the colors and polka dots!


::Before Christmas I ordered some flowers online and had them sent to my parents through Proflowers.com. I will not be using them any more. Why? The flowers were fine and my parents loved them, but earlier this week I received a Newsweek magazine that apparently I am now subscribed to for a year. Through some emails to Newsweek I was told the the subscription was made through something called ValueMags. I Googled that and discovered that Proflowers gave my info to ValueMags and thus the unsolicited subscription. I called the phone number I was given and after trying to get through for 30 minutes, I finally did. I was able to cancel my subscription and was told it was complimentary because of my order through Proflowers. But I have no interest in the magazine and what happens after that year is up?? Did my credit card info get "sold" as well?? I will no longer use Proflowers.com. The whole thing seems a bit shady to me.

::My quest to use up what we have on hand is being extended to getting rid of unwanted mailings. For instance last year when we went to Chicago for my birthday we went to a symphony concert and ever since have been getting mailings from the hall we saw it in. I've been hunting for email addresses on the catalogs and so far have had good results with answers back saying our information will be removed from their mailing lists. Hopefully that will cut down on the stuff that I just throw away as soon as it comes in the mail. Most of the catalogs/flyers followed us from our old address! Apparently our new address was sent to them. Ugh.


::I started a new book today and am beyond tickled that I found a Post-It Flag bookmark that matches the cover.
Yes, I am a bit of a dork.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I had an issue with proflowers a while back. They left a bouquet outside my daughter's door and the weather was bad and it was a bedraggled mess when she saw it. I just call a local florist wherever I'm sending and make delivery arrangements now.