Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Weekend Recap -- on a Thursday

I've been working hard on getting some things done before this coming weekend, so I'm a little slow on the weekend recap here. Let's just go with a list:

**We headed to see the kids last weekend. I know Christmas is just around the corner... but

**Daughter Megan asked Hubby and I to come down and sing in a quartet with her and Zach.

**Megan helped organize a lovely evening of Christmas music at their church.

**The four of us sang It Came Upon the Midnight Clear.

**We were quite awesome. Well, we were okay. We all sang in tune (and that's important). I think it's cool how the four of us fit perfectly in the SATB ranges.

**Megan did a great job with the whole evening. She played the piano before, during a break and at the end. She even accompanied the kids singing a neat version of The 12 Days of Christmas. Here's a quick summary of the lyrics:

On the first (second, etc.) day of Christmas, Jesus gave to me;
Salvation full and free
Everlasting life
Peace in my heart
Love for all men
Joy for my soul
Power from on high
A body glorified
A robe and a crown
Mansions above
Streets of pure gold
A thousand tongues to sing
Eternity to praise

**Throw in a bunch of kids with 12 of them holding signs with each phrase and the instructions to hold them up as the phrase is sung and you get stinking adorable! Megan did an awesome job of improvising on the piano when there was the inevitable goof-ups.

**Hubby's aunt and uncle and cousin came to hear the evening of music.

**They enjoyed the performances and saw a lot of people they know at that church. (They attend a different church, but have lived in that community forever.)

**We went over to Aunt and Uncle's house afterwards and stayed quite late visiting. I should mention that Aunt is 80 and Uncle is 90. They are just adorable and we had a blast with them.

**Sunday morning we worshiped with Caleb and Amanda at their church in downtown Kansas City.

**We so enjoy their church. The preacher always brings whatever he's preaching about back around to the Gospel. Last Sunday was no exception.

**Zach fixed supper for all of us Saturday night. He fixed us Thai food. It was so incredibly good. That guy is a great cook.

**Hubby and I ate at a Chick-fil-A our way home. You are lucky if you have one near you.

**If you do have a Chick-fil-A near you run there and get yourself a Peppermint Chocolate Chip Shake.

**It was amazing. Seriously.

**This coming weekend we are celebrating Christmas with my side of the family

2 comments:

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

Oh, sounds like such a fun weekend! I sure hope someone shot a video of you guys singing! I'd love to see it! Merry Christmas!

Joyce said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Sadly no chick-fil-a in my little town or even the ones nearby. My mom is 2 hours south of here and she has one though so that' where I get my fix : )