The toaster oven and I are not friends. Lately it seems as though whenever I put something involving a piece of bread in the toaster oven I burn it. Last week I prepped some pretty awesome looking garlic bread, complete with butter I made flavored with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese, popped it in the toaster oven, turned on the broil, then next thing I knew it was burnt. Sigh...
Today I was heating up a left-over pasta dish for lunch and thought I would make some toast to go with it. I ended up burning THREE pieces of bread. Evidently toast is a very difficult food to make. .
I guess I just cannot be trusted with a complicated kitchen appliance like a Toaster Oven.
This whole disorder may or may not have something in common with the fact that I almost always burned one side of the kids' grilled cheese sandwiches when they were growing up

2 comments:
Oh, come on. Part of my childhood memories include burnt toast AND the sound of scraping the burnt stuff with a knife into the sink! (And yes, I've had my share of burning the grilled cheese sandwiches...)
hehehe.
maybe you should just use a regular toaster?
Post a Comment