Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Peach, The Turd and The Apology

I know I have gushed and gushed and gushed (and gushed) about my hubby on this blog. I know that gives the impression we have a peachy-keen marriage. (Yes, I used the term peachy-keen.) So what I have to say may come as a shock to some of my readers.


Sometimes our marriage is kinda like a moldy peach. (Oh, these fruit analogies just might not be working.)


What I mean to say is, sometimes our marriage can be ugly.


Earlier this week was an example of that. I won't go into detail. That's not something I do. (We both remember advice we were given during our premarital counseling sessions to be aware of how we speak about each other to other people.)


I'll summarize it by saying we had a fight and I pouted. A lot. For too long. The next day I knew I needed to apologize. I was out running errands and thought I should leave a candy bar with a note in his car at his work.  As I was thinking about what I would write, an idea came to me.


Here's the note with the candy bar I left on the front seat of his car:
(The note reads: I'm sorry for being such a turd.)

Please, some one out there tell me they know the movie from 1980 that involved this candy bar being mistook for something other than a candy bar... anybody?? Go to this link to watch the scene and tell me if you know.

By the way, Hubby says it made him smile and agreed that it was the best apology ever. He ate the candy bar and thought about it being a turd the whole time. :)

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Haha that's good. I love Caddyshack. : )

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

lol, I knew what movie you were talking about right away! Do I get extra points that I was under 10 when that movie came out?! (Yes, we recorded it off of TV and rewatched it a lot!)

Cute appology! Next time give him 100 Grand!

Olson Family said...

As soon as I saw the note and the candy bar I know what I thought and hadn't even see the movie reference yet! Such a silly classic - Love it and the dancing gopher.........

Sweet apology by the way.

Drew and Rachel said...

you had a fight!?!? what?

just kiddin' :)

ah well I guess we still admire u guys --
Drewl & Rach