Like my bloggy friend, Joyce, said, "Clearly I am off my blogging game this week." (Thanks for the quote, Joyce!)
I am sitting in the service department of a car dealer waiting for my car to be worked on. I drove 100 miles to do this.. Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm crazy. But it's what you do when you live in a small town in the middle of nothing and the dealer closer to you has terrible, nasty service.
So I think I will write a blog post and entertain you with my observations.
>People can actually talk quietly on their cellphones. In public. There was a guy sitting a few yards from me and I couldn't understand what he was saying. Then there was the guy clear across the room who was obviously mad at his wife because she didn't make "the transaction in time." I always wonder if people realize how loud they are or if the even care that every one can hear their business.
>(This one may sound prejudiced, but it is based on the fact that I lived in Southeast Asia for 3 years. No offense meant. At all.) I was amused just now when I heard someone walking across the waiting room and could hear them dragging their feet and I looked up to see it was a Chinese person. When we lived in Singapore I could always tell it was a Chinese person walking up behind me if I heard them dragging their feet. (Just so you know, Hubby drags his feet when he walks. He's not Chinese. Maybe it's because we lived in Southeast Asia?)
>That Chinese guy has a jacket on that says Asian Foods on the back. Makes me hungry for Chinese food and our favorite restaurants in Singapore.
>Chocolate Chip Cookies in the waiting room is a lovely perk. (Maybe that's why I drive 100 miles?) I love Chocolate Chip Cookies. Very Much.
>People who bring a book to read or a cross-word puzzle seem a lot more patient than those that don't. There's a guy who keeps pacing and he doesn't have anything to read. Poor guy.
>I like service departments where they offer comfy chairs and free Wi-fi. (...and Chocolate Chip Cookies...)
>It seems to be an even split between men and women that are waiting for their cars.
>I'm always impressed that the service guys seem to remember which cars belong to whom. They walk directly to the correct person the majority of the time. (Do they write themselves notes to help them remember?)
>I was 20 minutes late for my appointment and they didn't even blink. I like that.
>After watching Hawaii Five-O last night about someone who burglarized people and got into their houses from making copies of the victim's keys when their cars were valet parked, I'm glad I have my car key separate on my key ring from my house key. I just give them the car key with no worries of shenanigans. :) (I know that was very random, but it was a thought that ran through my mind as I handed the service guy my car key.)
>Driving 100 miles also means I can go to some actual real stores and do some actual real shopping. And have lunch and supper at actual real good restaurants.
>I even get a free car wash after the car is serviced. Here's to hoping it won't rain on my way home. :)
>My car isn't done yet, but I'll stop this riveting post of observations.
>Your Welcome.
1 comment:
Oh I have that same paranoid thought in places that take my keys. If we both have the same thought we mist not be paranoid. : )
Post a Comment