Awesome stories about the amazing ways that God works.
2. Halloween-are you a lover or a hater? Okay, that sounds harsh...Halloween-yay or nay?
I am not a fan of Halloween. Not one bit. At all. (I guess that would put me in the hater and nay categories.) My kids never went trick-or-treating. And I don't think they regret that. I sure don't. When our kids were growing up we got out of the house on trick-or-treat night. I tried to think about what restaurant we could go to where the workers would not dress up for the night. We discovered that Chinese do not celebrate Halloween, so a nice Chinese restaurant was just the ticket for us. I asked the kids one year if they wish they had a ton of candy like their friends did and they said yes. (Like a kid would say no to a ton of candy...) I would go to Target the day after Halloween and buy bags of candy for 50% off. (I even mailed some to them when they were in college.) The year the kids were at the same college together, they went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant together for Halloween. Made me smile.
I am not a fan of Halloween. Not one bit. At all. (I guess that would put me in the hater and nay categories.) My kids never went trick-or-treating. And I don't think they regret that. I sure don't. When our kids were growing up we got out of the house on trick-or-treat night. I tried to think about what restaurant we could go to where the workers would not dress up for the night. We discovered that Chinese do not celebrate Halloween, so a nice Chinese restaurant was just the ticket for us. I asked the kids one year if they wish they had a ton of candy like their friends did and they said yes. (Like a kid would say no to a ton of candy...) I would go to Target the day after Halloween and buy bags of candy for 50% off. (I even mailed some to them when they were in college.) The year the kids were at the same college together, they went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant together for Halloween. Made me smile.
3. Can you respect someone you do not trust, and can you trust someone you do not respect?
No. (I like succinct answers sometimes.)
No. (I like succinct answers sometimes.)
4. Apples or oranges? Yes, you have to choose.
Apples. Yummy! (Especially HoneyCrisp.)
Apples. Yummy! (Especially HoneyCrisp.)
5. What is something you wish was in your town? (shop, restaurant, attraction, etc)
Every single one of those things. Shops, restaurants, attractions AND even etc. I wish they all were in this town. Better yet, I wish I lived in a town where these things existed.
Every single one of those things. Shops, restaurants, attractions AND even etc. I wish they all were in this town. Better yet, I wish I lived in a town where these things existed.
6. What non-food item is in your refrigerator or freezer?
I'd say coffee, but coffeeaddicts lovers would object to that. I do not like coffee and only have it in my freezer for company. Let's see, the question had to do with a non-food item.... In the freezer in the garage I have those re-freezable ice thingys. Exciting, I know.
I'd say coffee, but coffee
7. Are you at all superstitious?
No. I listened to an Adventures in Odyssey (anybody else listen to their kids' old tapes?) episode just yesterday about this very subject. It showed quite well the ridiculousness (is that a word?) of superstitions.They pointed out that no where in the Bible is the mention of luck. Good or bad.
No. I listened to an Adventures in Odyssey (anybody else listen to their kids' old tapes?) episode just yesterday about this very subject. It showed quite well the ridiculousness (is that a word?) of superstitions.They pointed out that no where in the Bible is the mention of luck. Good or bad.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Let's go with a random picture. My hubby vacuumed in our closest a couple of weeks ago. I walked in there and saw this.
And this isn't even all the shoes he owns. Yes, he is a runner. Yes, he has a shoe problem. :) (He says he has a whole system when the shoes wear out too much for running. They get moved down the line to just walking around shoes all the way down to lawn mowing shoes.)
Let's go with a random picture. My hubby vacuumed in our closest a couple of weeks ago. I walked in there and saw this.
And this isn't even all the shoes he owns. Yes, he is a runner. Yes, he has a shoe problem. :) (He says he has a whole system when the shoes wear out too much for running. They get moved down the line to just walking around shoes all the way down to lawn mowing shoes.)

11 comments:
Your husbands shoe system sounds surprisingly like mine until I started wearing the toe shoes. I would have a line in various states of wear.
I haven't heard Adventures in Oddessy in years. Thinking about it makes me smile my brother and I used to listen to it on the radio every weekend.
Sounds like my dear man....shoes. One pair for each chore or activity.
My HODGEPODGE Link Do come by if you can find time.
We have a whole lot of nothing in our town too. I'd love to see a Whole Foods/Trader Joes/Chick-fil-a combo but that's like wishing for the moon : )
That shoe collection is quite something!
glad he has a system for the running shoes! although i really think you can never have too many pairs of shoes!
Good answer for # 1. Not a Halloween person either.
Forget the shoes....he vacuums???
I said Honey Crisp too! I never knew about them till a few weeks ago.
Love your answer to #1. Those are the best goosebumps! We are going to the apple orchards this weekend. We keep our coffee in the refrigerator. My husband has lawn shoes too but he is not a runner.
love hubbies who vacuum ;)
A Chinese restaurant on Halloween. That's a unique family tradition. Love the running shoes picture and explanation. :) My husband is a runner too. I get it!
hahahaha Pete's shoes! hahahah
Post a Comment