Monday, February 28, 2011

Another Weekend Recap

We actually had a fun and busy weekend. And we (almost) didn't even leave town.

Friday night we enjoyed a nice dinner out. There really aren't very many options of restaurants in this tiny town. But last fall, Hubby was given a tip that we have really enjoyed. There is a golf country club here and for a mere $5, we could "join" for the winter months. They serve really good food. The waitress even knew what we like to drink the last time we were there. (Ice Tea.) It was a very enjoyable way to end the work week and spend time talking with each other. (My favorite!)

Saturday was a busy day of cleaning. Hubby is having a work meeting here at our house today, so I found that a good excuse for cleaning.

Yes, I admit it, sometimes, oh who am I kidding, most of the time I need the motivation of impending company to clean the house. It's either that or getting fed up with stepping on crumbs all the time or having to clear the dust away to be able to put something on the dresser. Okay, I'm not really that bad of a house keeper, but sometimes we all just need a little push, right?

It snowed on Saturday. But then, that's pretty much old news here in the Great White North.

Hubby spent a good part of the day Saturday putting together a book of photos from our daughter's wedding. We sorted through 900 pictures to narrow it down to just over 100. He used this website to make the book. I can't wait to see the finished product! There are a few pictures of my baby-girl-turned-bride that just take my breath away and made me cry. She looks so beautiful.

Sunday was an adventurous day. We got up early so we could go to the previous town we lived in and worship at our old church. We got about 30 miles away and decided to turn back home. The roads were getting worse and it was pretty foggy. We came home for about 45 minutes and headed the other direction to try a church closer to us that we hadn't been to yet. As soon as we headed east on a highway, the road was very icy. Sigh. Turned around again and ended up going to the church that's only a mile and a half from our house.

So, to recap Sunday morning: I woke up at 6am to go to a 10:45 church service a mile and a half from our house. Yes, there was a long nap taken Sunday afternoon.

Today I've sequestered myself in the basement while Hubby is having his Strategic Planning meeting upstairs. It's been a good thing for me because I finished the ironing. (We all know how I feel about ironing...) and I came up with an idea for window treatments in the basement.

Oh, and I wrote a blog post!

AND I discovered re-runs of Dallas on cable! Sue Ellen? Lucy? Jock? Miss Ellie? I do enjoy a 80s soap/drama!

What a productive day.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

We've got several batches of company coming this spring. Why do you think we're painting? : )

Also, I believe we are kindred spirits in the ironing department : )

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

Oh what a bummer - it would have been great to see you guys yesterday! we had a great worship service. Jason Schmitz actually "preached", too :)