Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The National Day of HodgePodge

Another Wednesday, another Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thanks to Joyce@From This Side of the Pond for another set of questions for this week.


1. Did you know there is a National Day of pretty much everything in the universe? February 23 happens to be National Inconvenience Yourself Day...when was the last time you were inconvenienced?
Oh, I don't know.... waiting for a price check yesterday at the discount store? (I like starting off with a totally lame answer.)

2. When a room in your house needs painting who does the job?
Hubby! He's much more meticulous and neat than I am. I have done my share of painting, but it may be my lack of neatness that has worked me out of that job. (I also don't like the paint fumes very much.) (Not that I mind not doing that job.)

3. Are you friends with your cousins?
On my mom's side of the family I have 2 cousins. On my dad's side, I have 5 living cousins. I am a good 10-15 years younger than most of my cousins. My hubby and I were talking just the other night about when we had last seen some of our cousins. It's been more than 15 years since I have seen several of my cousins on my dad's side (since my grandma's funeral). Anyway.... to answer the question. I would say that, no, I'm not friends with my cousins. Especially on my dad's side. I've interacted a bit more with my two cousins on my mom's side, but have never been friend-type close to them, mostly because of the age difference. Having said that, I did have a wonderful visit just a few months ago with the cousin who lives on the farm my mom grew up on. I wrote about that visit here.  I have always adored his wife. I have known her since when I was probably 9 years old and she was in college.


4. Do you use an alarm clock? If yes-is it an actual alarm, music, or something else?
I'm finally to the point in life (no kids to take to school) where I don't have to set the alarm most mornings. **Aaahhh.....pure, sheer, bliss for this non-morning person** .  But.... when I do set an alarm, it's to music. I cannot stand the blare-blare-blare of an alarm. I set it to a radio station with music that won't let me keep sleeping. I tried classical music for a while and that was a disaster. It has to be rock music with DJs that talk. (Did I mention that I'm not a morning person?)

5. What do you put ketchup on?
I gotta have a little ketchup with my french fries and hamburgers. Hubby likes BBQ sauce, but, I'll just stick with ketchup thank-you-very-much. I'm not really one to douse all sorts of things with ketchup. I have actually thrown away partial bottles from my fridge that have been there for years.

6. What smells make you nostalgic?
My mom's Swedish Rye Bread. Mmmmm.....

7. (Editing this question a bit--sorry Joyce) This questions has to do with boundaries online relating to this story of a teacher and her blog. (Click on the button at the top to go to Joyce's blog to read the whole question.)
I do think there is a line that should not be crossed when it comes to posting frustrations online on a blog or Facebook page.  I won't say I'm perfect, but I try. A long time ago I wrote a blog post about some frustrations with a relationship and it backfired. I took the post down. I have written other posts about frustrations, and hopefully have not crossed the line of inappropriate.
Now, don't even get me started on Facebook statusi, statuses. (What is the plural?) I detest the ones that just beg for sympathy, slam their husband, kids etc. Don't even get me started on those.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
In keeping with my theme of posting a video for Question #8, I give you the Muppets singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Enjoy...
(My favorite is Animal.)
 
Have I ever told you what my hubby says about the four types of music? No? Well, then I'll share. (And if I have, please just smile and nod....) 

1. Good Music; Good Words
2. Good Music; Bad Words
3. Bad Music; Bad Words
4. Bad Music; Good Words

The group that originally did Bohemian Rhapsody? Falls under category #2.

Your welcome for that little lesson.

5 comments:

Lorie said...

No more alarm...I am so jealous!

Love #8!

Joyce said...

#2-ha...hubs hasn't caught on yet...that's why cleaning the shower is also his job. He's just so good at it : )

I've always been a morning person. I'd love to sleep in but 7:30 is about as late as I can go. I do excel at napping though!

Thena said...

No alarm, that has be wonderful. Makayla had winter break last week and we slept until at least 9:00. It was great.

Amy said...

I LOVE your hubbys music categories...those are great!! My choir did a version of Bo Rhap at last years final concert, the kids love them some Queen!! I am jealous about the no alarm thing, but once I don't have to do it anymore it means my kidlets have left the coop...and that will make me sad, so for now I'll be happy to have the alarm.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Loved reading your answers. That rye bread sounds delicious!