Thursday, February 17, 2011

Some Music That Speaks To Me Today

My daughter gave me for Christmas a couple of CDs she made for me. One artist stuck out for me and my dear hubby got me a CD by that guy. His name is Jon Foreman. This song speaks a challenging truth of how we worship. God hates the show. He wants our hearts.



Somehow that song reminded of an earlier Christian singer. I've always been convicted by this song by Keith Green. God wants more than show. He wants obedience.




 And if we are talking about Long Ago Christian Artists... we have to go to Larry Norman. Ever heard of Larry Norman? He's been called the Father of Christian Rock Music. He says he started writing music in 1956. This is a tribute to him done in 2008 after his death. He was socially relevant.





On a bit of a different note. This classic song by Larry Norman came to mind today as I think about the death of a childhood friend's sister. Was she ready? Something I appreciate about these artists is they are not afraid to speak challenging truth.



No comments: