Let me explain.
We made a lot of road trips when I was little, and with four kids, my parents tried all sorts of ways to keep us entertained:
Looking for White Horses (and got a dime for every one we spotted that was verified.)(I also learned the definition of verified on a road trip)
The Alphabet Game
Looking Out The Window
Sleeping
Playing with my Etch-A-Sketch
Reading
Learning the difference between Herefords and Angus cattle
Singing great songs like "There's a Hole in the Bucket, Dear Liza"
Magic Light On, Magic Light Off
The last one? Oh , it was magical!
When we would drive after dark, I would notice a blue light on the dashboard going on and off at random times. Somewhere along the line I decided it was a Magic Light.
(Back in the day my parents had a car that was a regular 4-door sedan. Two bench seats. With 6 people in the family we would ride three in front, three in back. Being the youngest, I most often was in the front seat between Mom and Dad. From there I had a great view of the dashboard.)
Somewhere along the line I thought I had the powers to control that light. I'd say, "Magic Light on!" and it would come on. I'd say "Magic Light off!" and it would turn off. My dad's hands would never move from the steering wheel. Amazing stuff.
Today I saw this video. That was it. I knew The Force Was With Me when I was a little girl controlling that Magic Light.
3 comments:
That commercial made me so happy. I hope my kids can grow up to be as awesome as that.
I love the commercial. I remember the first car we had with the radio volume control on the dash. My girls didn't know it and my hubs would say volume up and it would get louder. They loved that.
Enjoy your day!
lol! So cute!
I liked riding in the front middle of my dad's car - I got to try to shift it!! (or knock it out of gear when I'd try to turn around to see my sibs!
Post a Comment