Friday, July 9, 2010

What's Been Going On...

Outside my window... a corn field! I am really enjoying the view and the sunsets from the four season porch in our new house. (The other houses were way too close in our former neighborhood.)

I am thinking
... a warm chocolate chip cookie sounds good. I cheated and bought some pre-made cookie dough. I hope it's as good baked as it is un-baked. ;)

I am thankful for... music. I listened to an awesome CD when I was on the road today. Kari Jobe. Good, good stuff to praise God with.

I am wearing... a new red top and khaki capris. I look like a Target employee. (And I even went shopping at Target today and no one asked be where to find something!)


I am going
... on a cruise with my hubby of almost 26 years!

I am currently reading
... So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore. Well, I'm reading that when I feel like I can concentrate, which hasn't been very often lately.

I am hoping... I can get back in the swing of writing blog posts. I miss it. I just need to not think about the next box that needs to be unpacked and blog more. The boxes aren't going anywhere.

On my mind
... how I want to set up this new house. I have a lot of nic-nacs to find a home for. I just may have to invite my friend who is an interior designer for a visit...

Noticing that
... I have a lot of conversations with complete strangers...at the grocery store, car repair shop, etc. It's kind of weird to not know anyone around here.

Pondering these words... Zephaniah 3:17 "The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
I try to figure out what it looks like to have God sing over me. The picture that came to mind today was one of me holding my babies and singing to them. I remember the tenderness and love I felt for them, how it calmed them down. (One of my favorites to sing to them was Amazing Grace. To this day, they both know all the words to that hymn.) So I am trying to grasp that the God Almighty sings like that to me. Whoa. (Or "wow" to quote our favorite preacher.)
 
From the kitchen... cupboards that are really close to being organized. The latest big project was to sort through all the plastic-ware. That was quite a job. Here's the before and after: (I'm quite proud of myself.)

 I think I got rid of more than half of what I had.

Around the house
... fewer boxes, but still a lot to go through.


One of my favorite things
... spending time with my husband. After four months of mostly living apart, it is wonderful to see him everyday.

From my picture journal...a hamburger from a local restaurant in our new town. Yes, that's a fried egg on it, along with some bacon. It was...okay. My hubby and I split one and that was plenty.



3 comments:

Sandy Cutshall said...

My hubby lived in our new town for 15 months before we made the official move. The first work day after we got moved, he was heading out the door, and I said, "Wait! Will you be home for lunch? What time is your lunch hour?" Always new things to adjust to. :)

Susan said...

Looks like you're settling in well. Where are you going to be cruising? We love to cruise and have been on several. So much fun!! Have a great week.

Olson Family said...

I'm catching up since we returned 'home' (had a great time in the States) and loved the pic of the burger with the fried egg. Looks like something a Swiss or French burger place would put together. If the Swiss or French had burger places. Which they don't.
Hope all has been well and you're settling into your new location nicely. My turn next year!