Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Weekly Random Dozen. (Because I Lack My Own Creativity So I Have To Use Someone Else's Creativity.)

1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?
Probably The Scarecrow. I feel so incredibly brainless lately.

2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why?
I usually put on my jeans first. Because I wear jeans basically every day. While I put on my make-up I think about what I want to wear.

3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?
Anything in the reptile family. ANYTHING. They are all quite unnecessary.

4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?
At the moment? None. I am in a severe lack-of-Christmas-spirit. Severe.

5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak?
Oh man, sometimes I wish I didn't have so many stinking emotions. They wear me out.

6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
Yep.

7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music?
Nope. Never ever have.

8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?
I have no idea. Remember the whole brainless thing?

9. Enjoy horseback riding?
Yes. I always have wished I knew how to really well. I actually haven't been in years. When I was a kid I used to use all my spending money at camp on riding the horses.

10. Shoes--practical or stylish?
I love stylish shoes, but my feet are leaning more towards the practical. Hopefully I can find stylish-practical shoes. I have wide feet, so I have a hard time finding shoes that I can get more than my big toe into.

11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.
Sunburn the Cat. Most of the time we just called him Kitty. He was yellow and white striped. I think we got him after my sister had open-heart surgery. She was 8. I was 3. I have no idea if a picture exists. It would be at my parents house if it did. Oh and I can't forget that later it was D.C. for Dumb Cat. And when he was really old we called him Grandpa. We did get a few strange looks when company was over and someone asked, "Did anyone feed Grandpa?" "Did anyone put Grandpa out?" (I don't even want to talk about the gerbils that I owned....)

12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?
Something like 10%. I am so pitiful and so behind.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Hoping you find some Christmas cheer today : )

Sandy Cutshall said...

Have you ever NOT put up Christmas decorations? I skipped it last year, knowing that we would be moving sometime, and it would take more time to take them down and put them away. Now, if you enjoy that part...but I never did. I enjoyed looking at my house w/out decorations, and remembering WHY we celebrate Christmas in the first place. Doing untraditional things often gets me out of a rut.

And, I LOVED the picture of your hubby straightening the Scotch tape. Yes, I think my hubby straightens that stuff they keep in the vault. Actually, he just uses lots of spreadsheets for that purpose.

Cindy Bultema said...

You are not pitiful, dear one. You are a dearly loved child of the King!! :) I am praying that you would be filled with true Christmas spirit today in abundance! Decorations don't make the holiday, just focusing on the True Gift of the season! (I keep telling myself that ~ I still have pumpkins on my porch!)

Beth said...

the cat's name was Sunburn... but you were 3 so it's easy to forget. Peggy Hein discovered a roll of film in the couch in their home in Tennessee that grandma Hein had left and developed it.. there was a picture of Pam with the cat Sunburn! You could have had a pix!!

I only have lights outside cuz my hubby did it a few weeks ago when the weather was warm and the Christmas tree up with the lights... no ormaments yet. Am planning on working on it soon. It's harder to decorate when the kids are no longer home to help, huh?

Judy said...

I don't know what you are talking about, Beth, I have the cat's name right.... :D

Sandy Cutshall said...

Judy, I believe you that your cat's name was Sunburn. Just remember that Beth is much older than you, and it is hard for her to remember things correctly. (Sorry, Beth..I'm the baby of my family, too, and the only one in my generation still in the 40's...barely....)