Friday, December 18, 2009

One of Those Weeks

For not really having anything on the calendar, this has been a pretty busy week. I've kept busy with wrapping up my Christmas shopping and then well, um, wrapping the presents. I have one more present to wrap. The only reason it isn't wrapped yet is because Mr. UPS hasn't delivered it yet.

There also seemed to have been endless errands to run around town from Target to the post office, to the grocery store. I have even resorted to a "to-do" list this week. That's something I only do when I am feeling very swamped. I haven't even touched my baking list, and it got longer today.

I've been trying to get myself acclimated to my new piece of torture equipment this week. Oh, I mean exercise equipment. I actually like it. And maybe I will even take a picture of it to show you all. (But you'll have to come back another day to see it, because that would involve me finding my camera, go downstairs, take a picture, come back upstairs, load the picture on my computer and up-load it to here. And that is just way too much for someone who has already done her exercise for the day, you know.)

I have had nights this week that I slept very well, and then a night were I got to sleep a whole half an hour before my husband got up for his work day. (He gets up at 5am. You do the math.) (The sweet, wonderful, amazing hubby was a bit too noisy as he soundly slept.) (I love you, Honey!) That didn't make for a very productive day.

I found out this week that my mom was back in the hospital overnight to check on her heart rhythm and to up some meds to get rid of fluid on her body. (She's okay now.) She was also told she needs to have surgery on her feet because the tissue on her toes has died. (This is a result of the allergic reaction to Heparin, a blood thinner.) And by "surgery on her feet" I mean all the toes removed. The surgery is scheduled for January 8.

Thursday night we had dinner with some very good friends we don't see near often enough. It's so not fair that God called him to a different job and they moved almost 2 hours away. Geesh. It was wonderful to share a meal and talk and talk and talk.

Ever since Tuesday I have felt like tomorrow is Friday. And now, all of a sudden, it's Friday. How did it get here so fast? I don't have everything done I thought I wanted to. Phooey.

The best part of Friday? MEGAN COMES HOME! It's been way too long since I have seen her. Two months. She is riding to Minnesota with a friend from college and we only have to drive a little more than an hour to pick her up. Much better than driving eight hours!

Then tomorrow? Saturday? We are going to try on WEDDING DRESSES! No, of course, I am not trying on dresses! MEGAN is! My job is just to ooo and ahhh and take a picture or two or fourteen. (And bring out the credit card at the appropriate time.) It seems like just last year we were shopping for prom dresses. Well, it has only been a year and a half...

So that's my sort-of ramble for the week. How was your week?

2 comments:

Olson Family said...

I wish you a wonderful time with your daughter and pray everything goes well with your mom. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We're off for a couple weeks - :) Susan

Joyce said...

wedding dresses...that's exciting!

My youngest arrived home on Wed. and my oldest is on her way now. The weather on the East Coast has not helped.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!