Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Shopping

Since I said on Wednesday that I only had about 10% of the Christmas shopping done, I thought I should get my rear in gear and tackle that project.

Yesterday I drove to a not quite as big as The Big City, City and got busy. The first store I went to has SO MUCH STUFF it was crazy. I spent most of the time maneuvering around the other people and all the stuff. I decided pretty quickly that Christmas shopping wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for all the people.

A notable item about my trip is that I drove my husband's car.

(He needed the bigger vehicle for something I will post about in the next couple of days.)

The good news is that I didn't kill it once! (It's a standard transmission and my car is automatic and sometimes when I switch, I forget the little detail of, Yes! There is a clutch!) Once, when I was down shifting I thought I was grinding the gears. At least it sounded like it over the radio I had blasting. I realized later it was just the cup of mostly ice I had in the cup holder and I was hitting it with my hand... :) The bad news about driving a different car is I kept forgetting which car I was driving when I went out to the parking lot. I had to remind myself that I was looking for a Little Red Car, not an Oasis Green SUV.

I had a nice break in the shopping while I had lunch at Chipotle. Yum. Somehow I always feel strangely out of place when I walk in there and there are mostly 20 something people...mostly men. Oh well. This middle-aged lady loves the food. I park myself at a table and pull out my book and enjoy myself and the yumminess. I think I was there for an hour, engrossed in my book. I can get lost anywhere if I have a good book.

I did manage to get quite a bit of the shopping done, so that's good.

On another note...

I managed to finally find a purse I like! It is bigger so I can stuff a book into it, but not so slouchy everything jumbles together so I can't find anything. I even bought a green one. Not brown or black. I am so proud of myself. Now I just hope my $25 purse holds up for a while. I have usually spent a lot more than that on a purse for the quality, but then get tired of it before it wears out. So I thought I'd go cheap on the theory that it will wear out about the time I get tired of it. We'll see how my theory holds out.

(I know all this information about my life is so riveting. :) But hey.... just being real. Sometimes my life is just that riveting.)

On the home front...

The festive decorating around the house hasn't happened yet. I do have a red candle on the table AND I have the oh-so-festive Red & Green M&Ms in a red bowl on the kitchen counter! I know! The Christmas spirit is overwhelming! Or maybe I should say, underwhelming.

I thought I would show a picture of my festive M&Ms. My almost-son-in-law let his OCD show up the other night.
Do you think we should be worried about him or our daughter? (Since she's going to marry him and all...)

5 comments:

mary said...

He never showed any signs of the disorder with his room when he was in high school. lol

Caleb Sommerville said...

Hurrah for the end of the purse hunt. I was getting weary of hearing the updates...lol.
So, what store was this where there was so many people?

Joyce said...

Red and green m & ms are very festive : )

Drew and Rachel said...

peter organizing 3m displays
zach organizing m&ms
maybe you and megan can form a support group for wives of ocd men.

:D

we miss you. hugs.

Pam said...

I am glad you found a new purse you like!
I remember you not liking the one you had!!