
Not really. But I guess it depends on how many people we are talking here and how well I know them. Oh, and if they are sniffing or not.
2. What have you learned this year? (You didn't see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.)
It's been a tough year with a lot of changes. They were not all bad changes (engagements, wedding), but significant changes all the same. The dynamics of some really important friendships have changed and I don't like that. But those friends have stepped out in grace when God knew I most needed it. "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)
I have also learned how incredibly blessed I am to be able to spend life with my husband. I have to tell you what he put in my stocking. He found a little sign that says "For Ever and For Always, No Matter What." I bawled when I read it. God was certainly gracious and merciful when He brought that man into my life.
3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?
I don't think I have a hard and fast rule, but I do think it ends up being New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. When I was a kid I always thought it was unfair that my mom got to have the Christmas tree up for her birthday and it was put away by mine. (Our birthdays are eight days apart in early January.)
4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is:
Having supper ready to serve when I tell people it will be ready. I have several times recently, when we have company, stated a certain time for supper and have been an hour off. As in it's an hour late. I get nervous when they start hovering around the kitchen and I'm scrambling to get everything done and something ends up not being totally cooked. Today I will have supper ready by 6pm!
5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?
I do get kind of tired of it come the end of March and yes, it drags into April too. The joys of living too far north. The bitter cold gets to me. I can handle 20s and up, especially if there is sunshine. I miss sunshine in the winter.
6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales?
I haven't had time to. We went to Iowa the day after Christmas to celebrate with both sides of the family there. We got home Monday night and yesterday we celebrated Christmas with our kids. So, I've been pretty busy and not had time to hit the sales. Darn.
7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
I think we will cook Chinese food and then I don't know what.... We need to talk with our kids and see what they want to do. There will probably be some Wii playing. We gave one to our son yesterday. They have had a blast with it so far.
8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?
My birthday? It will be my last year in this decade, before I switch to some new numbers. Is that special? **sigh** Later in the month I have an eye appointment where I am hoping to come away with contacts.
9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)
Yes, I had to look up the meaning of farcical. (So, I learned something new before the year was out!) Ludicrous and absurd were a couple of words used to define it. I think that defines some of my year. There have been some amazingly, absurd things that have happened in some of my relationships. Parts of the year have been a Romance, parts a Farcical, and parts a Drama. All in all a pretty tough year, with a few bright spots. I am looking forward to being done with 2009.
10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.
I read quite a few blogs. My kids think I'm a little touched in the head for doing that. I have met a bloggy friend in real life even! That was way cool. I can spend a good hour just reading. Writing? I have no idea.
11. Who runs your household?
Well I know the right answer is my husband. I really do think that's true. We do talk a lot about how things will work. I must admit that I have had to work hard at not thinking I needed my way all the time. The household is a lot happier when the balance is the way God designed it to be.
12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.
That our daughter will have the wedding she wants and will have happy memories from her wedding day. And I hope that our new family consisting of a son and daughter-in-law and a daughter and son-in-law will learn how to gel as the new unit we will be.
Oops, I guess that was kind of more than one. But all sort of related, so I think it's kind of okay.
3 comments:
I'm with you on the decade change but my birthday isn't til September so I'm not thinking about it just yet. Hope yours is happy...it's just a number : )
Happy New Year and Happy Birthday!
My birthday is early in Dec. and it was a tradition while growing up to put the tree up on my birthday. I LOVED it. Haven't done that in years. Something like 30 :-) My hubby doesn't like decorating "so early". Bah humbug! lol
Changes, changes...I'm reading all about changes on everyone's RD this week. Our big change (moving overseas) came in '08 so '09 was what I'd call a fairly "normal" year. If you can call any year normal. I've come to learn that things are never what you expect, so just plan on expecting the unexpected. hahaha
Have a wonderful end-of-decade birthday!
Your answer to #2 about your husband's gift was so sweet!
Post a Comment