
1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss.
2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family?
All that matters is that I am with my hubby. I lived seven weeks away from him once and I never want to do that again. I would not make a good military wife.
3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed?
Jack Frost (is that a holiday character?) --- so I could smack him for this high of 3 and the -492 Wind Chill stuff. I am freezing today!
4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life?
It's A Wonderful Life always seems to hit home. I always wonder how or if I have impacted the lives of those around me. Would I really want to see what life would have been like without me here?
(Did you know that the man who plays Mr. Potter [Lionel Barrymore] is Drew Barrymore's great-uncle? Just a little free trivia for you.)
5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of?
I heard Elvis "singing" Silent Night yesterday when I was shopping and I wanted to run screaming from the room! It was the worst rendition I have ever heard. Can you say scoop? He scooped up AND down to EVERY note! (and took a breath in the middle of a word) AAAHHHH! On the other hand... a favorite.... I heard this song (Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas) yesterday when I was driving and really liked the melancholy simplicity of it. I know it isn't a "churchy" song, but I like it. And the Coldplay version is in honor of my almost-son-in-law.
6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime?
I think the Angel Tree is my favorite. (Although we haven't participated in this for a number of years since the kids were little.)
7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?"
I don't mind "Xmas" Cannot stand "Happy Holidays" and I like "Seasons Greetings" even less. If someone says "Happy Holidays" to me I either respond with a "thank you", or I respond with "Merry Christmas." I am not ashamed of the holiday I celebrate on the 25th of this month.
8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month?
Zero. Kind sad, huh?
9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality?
Well, since I live in the Great White North. Yes, it is already a reality. I think we've had about 5 inches so far this month. I don't mind the snow... it's the -604 Wind Chill that gets me. (remember #3?)
10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice.
I remember getting this flower making kit when I was 12. My family had gone to a conference and they thought I was too young to go, so I stayed at my aunt & uncle's farm. I don't think I went outside the whole week I was there. It was too cold. I remember spending hours with this. I think it was called something different, but basically the same thing.
Another gift that I remember is an Easy Bake Oven. I don't know how old I was. My oven was a lovely turquoise blue. I actually still have it in the original box and everything! I can't believe I found a video of an old commercial! (The Easy Bake Oven commercial starts at 0:34.) We had one of those groovy Spirograph toys too!){Lots of videos in this post, huh?}
11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month?
Zero. Man, I think we need a social life. (Or maybe we got left off the invite list?) **sigh**
12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas?
There are some awesome verses in John chapter 1:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. 14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

8 comments:
Thoroughly enjoyed the music by Coldplay! And the photos in the video completely satisfied my longing to "see" snow. lol
I had an Easy Bake oven too but I don't remember mine having the popcorn feature. But maybe mine was an older version...I know I got it in the mid 60s. Anyway, even then my baking skills were challenged :-) I do better with a real oven, but not by much!
Hope you have yourself a Merry little Christmas! :-)
I loved EZ bake oven! What are little girls going to do now with these non-heat producing light bulbs that won't cook anything! Pfui!
There must have been a special on EZ Bake ovens that year.....cause I got one too. lol Enjoyed your list. Blessings, SusanD
I never had an easy bake oven but I sure loved my spirograph.
Poor Frosty! LOL. We've been in the deep freeze. The weekend saw wind chills making it about -44*C (-47*F). Yesterday we woke up to -24*C and by supper time it was 0. 0 Degrees (32*F)! We're so exciteded. But the funny thing is I don't want to lose the snow.
I forgot about the spirograph. Made me think I could actually draw. Hope you will share the gingerbread cookie recipe. I need a good one.
Your Frosty answer cracked me up! My husband is home from work today due to weather conditions. I love having him home but smack Mr. Frosty, now that would be a sight!
I'd like to kick Jack Frost's booty right there with ya.. I am NOT a winter lover either. :) I didn't go to any parties this year either. Maybe we should have our own 'no party' party. : )
Laughed at #3. We're at -3 but considering it's Celsius, nothing to complain about compared to MN! Have to admit I'm glad we're not visiting the husband's parents in Frazee this year.....
Post a Comment