
1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?
I have been sitting here staring at the computer screen for several minutes trying to figure out what sport I'd like to master. The question is can I master a sport? I seriuosly doubt it. When I was in PE in school I remember being frustrated that I couldn't make my body do what I thought it should. I finally came up with tennis. I wish I could because I would have been able to play with my hubby. He used to really love playing tennis. I took a tennis class in college to fulfill a PE requirement. I remember the instructor wanted to fail me. I just did not have the hand/eye coordination. (okay and I had a smidge of an attitude) I would hit the ball over the net in the court next to me, not the net in front of me. The TA thought it was ridiculous to flunk someone for a one credit class, so he gave me a B in the class. I haven't played tennis since.
2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?
I like to do research. I have made a couple of purchases without the research and regretted it. Consumer Reports is my friend. When we had to buy a new refrigerator recently my research consisted of talking to the repairman who declared the old refrigerator dead. He is a great repairman and has a great reputation in town. I trusted his opinion.
3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?
Lorraine Meadow. Ugh.
4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?
I bet that if I gave up either one I would develop a new favorite food or new favorite music. (How's that for avoiding answering?)
5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
Definitely pristine yellow bananas. I got in trouble with my dad about this when I was in high school. I remember one time when he started yelling my full name, you know, first, middle and last name all together. My mind raced to anything I might have done that I was getting in trouble for. I couldn't think of anything. It turns out he was complaining that I had eaten the bananas before they got spots on them...the way he liked them!
6. Your favorite tree is?
I love the Willow Tree in our back yard. I love how it sways in the wind. I love the bright green color in the spring. My hubby hates it because whenever it's windy, it make a mess with all sticks it drops. My kids hated mowing under it. I always thought it was cool to mow under it and walk through the branches. It seemed like a little private world under the branches.
7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?
I would guess a 5. But I can get a lot accomplished with my "click until I get it" method.
8. Has H1N1 touched your family?
I don't think so. I was sick a few weeks ago, but never went to the doctor.
9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?
I don't think I'm an analytical person, but I don't think I just accept things the way they are without questioning. I would say my hubby is definitely analytical and I don't think I approach things the same way as him. (But I would say we are a good mix.)
10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?
I cannot even begin to tell you how much I dislike this type of question. So I am actually not even going to attempt to answer it. No offense, Linda?
11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?
A few. Facebook and email really helps with that. I have reconnected with a Junior High friend thanks to Facebook. I have reconnected with a friend from when we were first married thanks for email. I reconnected with some college friends thanks to Facebook. I keep in touch with many friends that we no longer live near to through email and Facebook.
12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?
Sorta depends on how antsy I am at the moment. Although my choice is usually the self-checkout lane.
13 comments:
Hi Judy, I loved reading your answers. No.4 is my favorite. If you have to give up on something, you've got to get creative. Have a wonderful week :)
My favorite is #10 -- you're definitely a cat! When they don't wish to answer they just ignore the question! Ha Ha!
Lorraine Meadows. Add an s. I like it.
Oh my, we must be from the same tribe and the same clan. I can identify with so many of your answers. Weeping Willow is my favorite tree, and bananas should be pristine. I wasn't happy with the dog,cat,or kola bear question either. Is competitive eating a sport? Nice to meet you.
I love your answer about being analytical. I definitely scrutinize things, but my DH is far more analytical than I am. I love it when someone says they are a good balance. That's what a good marriage is all about.
Enjoyed my visit here. Will definitely be back!
I usually use the self checkout too when they limited it to 25 items but now the limits are off so you get great big orders there too. Bummer.
The willow was my fave too...we loved the same things about it! How fun!
great answers...#10 ...:D
Your answer to the tree question made me think of a willow tree in my best friends back yard growing up...we used to take all of our barbies out there and set up houses under the tree which was huge and made a little fort. Such fun days.
Oh man #1 was funny "a smidge of an attitude" :) I'm totally a researcher and I too could say I have an attitude problem at times. Thank the Lord for gentle guideance and occasionally a kick in the pants!
I am your dad in #5! No offense; my questions can't please everybody I guess.
We picked the same tree! And I am with you on the PE thing. In Jr. high I faked cramps so many times it wasn't funny. The male teacher didn't ask too many questions :)
Dear Lorraine Meadow,
My mom's name would be Jane Rural Route 2. (I think.) My Dad would be something like James County Road 15. (Don't know about that one for sure). I would be Ranae Rum. :D not bad!
Post a Comment