1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself? Not very often. But since we are on vacation, I have bought several things just for me. I have found a couple of things here that I have thought about buying for years... as in over a decade!
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it. (I am the same age as you, Linda, but I don't know a lot about Hall & Oats ---sorry)
This is one of the latest things I have made. I made a quilt for my son out of his old T-shirts. I am pretty proud of it.
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right? My husband and I have talked about this a lot lately. We like the size of our house right now. We want to have a home that is comfortable for when friends and family come and stay with us. We don't want an extravagantly huge house, or one that is so small we feel like we are on top of each other when we have company.
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore? Out side chore???? Isn't that what husbands are for? I have a girlfriend who LOVES to mow her yard. Mow as in 2 1/2 hours behind a push mower. Yuck.
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not? No. I did for a short time when I was pretty young and really regret it now.
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride? Isn't that what husbands are for? To drive on road trips? :) I don't mind driving, but can't do it for hours on end. Sometimes I get bored riding forever and like to break it up by driving.
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit? I have looked through a couple of antique stores this week and think that the pursuit of collecting something like a certain type of dishes or antique tools or you get the idea, can be pretty trivial and easily lead to an obsession.
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it? I was watching a show on TV last week that I was trying to like, but after about 20 minutes turned the channel. Books are harder to give up on. I keep thinking it will get better. I am reading a book right now that is getting pretty tedious, but by now I am almost done so I will finish it. But I won't recommend it to any one else.
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates? I like some of the stuff by Queen. (Remember them?) I love the music and the harmony, but the words are not very good. My husband says there are 4 kinds of music: Good Music/Good Words; Good Music/Bad Words; Bad Music/Bad Words; Bad Music/Good Words. Queen falls under the Good Music/Bad Words category.
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you? It depends on how much time I have to plan that spontaneity... :) I am the more spontaneous one in this marriage though. We are having a great time being pretty play-it-by-ear this week on our vacation. So I never gave myself a number rating did I?
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob? I used to think there wasn't any difference between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. But I was oh so wrong. Diet Coke is definitely better.
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? Not sure I like this question... I would like to say I'm not controlling, but I have a feeling I am. But I am on vacation and don't really want to think about anything that serious or self-examining. So I won't. Pretty good cop-out, don't you think?
Thanks to Linda@2nd Cup of Coffee for these questions. Go check out her blog!
P.S. Did I mention we are on vacation? We are having a marvelous time!


1 comment:
I'm glad you guys are having a great time. I like what you had to say about the music/words ranking. I'd have to put Nirvana and Guns N Roses on the definate Good Music/Bad Words list :) Can you tell I used to be a rebel?
Post a Comment