Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Some More Answers To Some More Random Questions

Another great list of questions from Linda@2nd Cup of Coffee. Go there to see who all participated this week.



1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?
Yum! My daughter-in-law made a candy corn/peanut mixture that I couldn't stop eating.

2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.) I don't remember the very first conversation. We were both involved in the same Christian fellowship group in college and knew each other for a few years before we started dating. I remember a conversation after I had spent the summer in Colorado at a camp and at an Evangelism Project. Pete wanted to hear all about my summer and so we met at lunch on campus and talked. That was the beginning of building our friendship that led to him being my best friend.

3. Could you ever become a vegetarian? No, no, no. I don't mind a meatless meal once in a while, but not all the time. Love a good steak, pork chop or chicken.

4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume? Since I don't have a pet, I'd have to say no.

5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year). Going to my neighbor's house to watch "The Brady Bunch" in prime-time.

6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for? Nope. I have no idea what I would have or could have deserved a trophy for.

7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year? I don't start listening to it until the day after Thanksgiving. Is that too late?

8. What's your favorite board game? Life. But my husband doesn't like it. I like it because it doesn't take a lot of strategy. That's probably why my husband doesn't like it.

9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)? Yes, please! Sadly, no one has ever given me a surprise birthday party. (Kinda whiny, I know...)

10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?" My first thought was "of course not." But the more I thought about it I would have to say it depends on who it is I need to apologize to. I can be stubborn.

11. What is your favorite candle scent? The one that smells good... I once got a candle holder that came with coffee scented candles and just could not stand the smell. I threw the candles away.

12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you? I would serve desserts, because I make desserts for Bible study every week. Someone at church a few weeks ago said something about having heard that I was a good baker and they weren't even in our Bible study! Maybe I would put out my Bible, and some of the quilts I have made, or pictures of quilts. This blog would be a good thing to display since it really tells about me.

10 comments:

Chel said...

Amen, most definitely! I'll have to tell my daughter about the candy corn/peanut mixture. Yay on the kudos for your baking!
Chel

Barbie said...

Oh I loved the Brady Bunch when I was growing up!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Judy, I really liked your #12 answer. Sounds like you and I are both baking "she-devils." ha

SouthLakesMom said...

I hope your TRUE FRIENDS are reading the blog and remember your answer to #10! Just act surprised!

Michelle said...

oh, i love candy corn & peanuts mixed together! reminds me of a payday bar!

we love the brady bunch around here!!

Mocha with Linda said...

The Brady Bunch was a staple when I was growing up! Friday night at 7:00!

Sandy Cutshall said...

I know you participated in plenty of surprise parties when you were involved in that "fellowship group" in college. Didn't YOU ever get kidnapped? My glasses broke when DE and RS put the pillowcase over my head! RS glued them later that night with super glue. (Plastic frames...I'm giving away my age....)

Judy said...

Sandy -- Nope I never got "kidnapped" for my birthday in college. Isn't that sad??? ;)

Joyce said...

I loved the Brady Bunch too...plus I know DVR is great and all but there was something about having to wait an entire week to watch a tv program...lots of things have lost just a little bit of their specialness in our tech world.

Melli said...

You people who add peanuts are making me reconsider my thoughts on candy corn. I LOVE a sweet & salty mix...

One of the men in MY Bible study WISHES I was YOU! I might have to start doing that... Just a little something on Monday nights...