When we starting talking about going to Door County for our vacation get-away, I struggled for a bit to figure out where we would stay. A motel was just not the ticket. We wanted something that was not in the midst of a bunch of people. I read on another blog about someone using a site called
vrbo.com. (Vacation Rentals By Owner). So I investigated that and found the perfect place. We had been leaning towards a place on the water and were not sure about being in the woods. We debated between a couple of places, and the price ended up being the deciding factor.
Once we got there, our minds were quickly relieved.



This was the view out the back. We looked at this during every meal. So peaceful. Soooo quiet.

This was the view out the front door. Isn't it beautiful?

Once inside the cabin it was quickly evident that the owners are Christians! There was a plaque in the kitchen that said,
"Life - The time God gives you to determine where you will spend eternity." And many other evidences from the movies to the books to the cross outside the back door.
The picture below was in the bathroom.
Wash me and I will be whiter than snow. Pslam 51:7
This painting was in our bedroom. It says:
His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
The following pictures are of the interior:

Look! My own personal chef! :) Yep, that amazing husband of mine planned and cooked every meal! I am so spoiled!




I think the coolest feature was this
quiet-close toilet seat. If you've never seen one then clearly you don't watch enough HGTV.

4 comments:
Praying your mom continues to recover well. We use vrbo.com for rentals here as well and homeaway.co.uk. It's great. Glad you had such a nice time.
Looks wonderful!
Judy!!! That is wonderful!!! I am so glad I came by. What a steal of a deal on that cabin and the view is breath taking! I love autumn and the changing leaves!! Just wonderful! And the toilet...Oh I definitely don't see enough HGTV, now I must!
Chel
It looks totally beautiful!!!
Oh and love the toilet.
Post a Comment