Once again, I am answering these random dozen questions. Why? Because it helps me think of something to post about and because they are random, which is always fun.

1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.) I write in kind of a made up combination of printing and cursive leaning towards cursive. Why did we learn cursive?
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist? I really don't think I'm a dreamer. So that must make me a realist. Those of you reading this who actually know me, what do you think?
3. Billy Joel or Elton John? Love BOTH. Their piano playing is outstanding. Can't choose. Sorry.
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plane. I saw Halloween with a boyfriend in high school because I was stupid. Never saw another horror movie and refused to ever go to a haunted house after that. The other movie that popped into my head was Not Without My Daughter. It totally freaked me out to think about my daughter being trapped in a situation that was dangerous. I cried so hard after the movie was over. I bet I would hate Flightplan.
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had? Handing my 10 month old son to a nurse for surgery. My 20 month old daughter having an internal bleed and being told she had lost half her blood. Getting a phone call that my mom has had a heart attack.
6. What word do you misspell without fail? Definitly (it's supposed to be definately....no wait definitely. Whew! Got it!)
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at. I've always wanted to be a graceful figure skater. The last time I skated (about 15 years ago) I fell and smacked my head on the ice and won't do it ever again. I also thought it would be great to know how to ride horse really well, but have never had the opportunity to learn. Play the piano remotely as good as my husband. Okay I'll stop listing.
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time? Strangely kind of both. If I'm around people a bunch I really feel a need to be alone. If I've been alone quite I bit I feel energized after being around people. I know. I'm weird. I can handle it.
9. Have you ever been on TV? Once really briefly. A park in our town had built a new play area for children and the news talked to me about it. I don't even remember what I said.
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.) LOVE my mom's recipe for pumpkin pie. I have tried other recipes, but hers is THE BEST.
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have? I get Taste of Home. It's a gift subscription from my parents for my birthday. We let all the other magazine subscriptions run out to save some money. Out-of-state college tuition. Fun. (The two only over-lapped one year thankfully.)
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning? That God is the one in control. Not me.
6 comments:
hey Judy, wow, I love the picture of water-reflecting-billowing-cloudy-sky and the leaves in mud.
why did Caleb have surgery at 10 months!?
Just over reading from Lindas...
I can relate to #11...two in college at my house too. My husband likes to say he gets a raise this spring (oldest graduates!). Seriously it will feel like a raise.
Seems like most of us are needing to re-learn the same lessons : ) Enjoy your day.
I had skating too. I can skate but it's definitely not graceful or beautiful. LOL.
I'm letting all but my gift subscriptions run out too.
Are we related :-) You'd think so by a lot of our answers!
I received Taste of Home for a few years but stopped because I had way more recipes than I could ever cook in a lifetime. But it has excellent recipes, that's for sure.
Praying that your mom does well through surgery!
Hi Judy! Great answers. How scary for you to have such concerns with your children and Mom. Life sure can throw us curveballs huh?
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's always great meeting new people! Have a great day!
Praying for your mom this morning (Friday).
Post a Comment