Wednesday, May 20, 2009

KU Graduation

We had quite the week.

Busy, but fun.

It started off with some business meetings in Iowa for my husband. I got to spend time in a cute little Dutch town that has a tulip festival in May. I was there a week after the festival, but got to see a lot of the tulips in bloom. Here is one picture for now. I wil post more later.

After Pete's work was done we headed down to Kansas to get the kids moved out of their dorm rooms. Caleb had found an apartment the week before, so his stuff went there.

Friday was filled with moving, moving, moving. Oh and Megan and I had "practice" hair styles done for Caleb & Amanda's wedding in July. That was fun. Not sure I'll post those pictures. :) You'll just have to wait until the wedding pictures get posted.

Friday afternoon was hot and muggy. We spent a good part of it getting Megan moved out. I stayed in her room to do a little cleaning while the rest carried stuff down -- waited for the elevator from the 9th floor. I know Megan is really happy to never live in the ghetto dorm again.

We decided to relax after all that work by hanging out at the kids favorite coffee shop downtown. Just as Megan and I were walking in the doors, it started to pour rain. It was enjoyable to stay dry and listen to the rain (and hail) and hang out as a family. But soon we needed to go to meet a friend of Megan's for supper. We thought it had let up a bit on the rain. It hadn't. We were all drenched by the time we got to the cars. And I mean Drenched. (not to mention what the rain did to our overly hair-sprayed hair...) The drive to the restaurant was nerve wracking. The streets were flooding. I heard that it rained 5 inches that evening!

Saturday started with the William Allan White School of Journalism recognizing its graduates. Yes, that would be Caleb in his shorts and Chacos under the robe.
It was a windy day in Kansas. (Notice the tassle.)


Sunday afternoon was a beautiful day. It was in the low 70s and sunny. The university graduation involves the "walk down the hill." Pretty significant way to remember your graduation. It took 1 1/2 hours for everyone to make the walk.

The last person in line is Caleb. Can you see the orange shoes? He wore those for his high school graduation too. What a guy.

This is his college. He's in the middle row far right with sunglasses and his arms up.


My sweet family.
The shoes that Walked The Hill. (Amanda's are the cute silver ones.)
The soon (44 days!) to be married couple!
Proud mama,

1 comment:

Drew and Rachel said...

Caleb landed such a PRETTY wife!

every time I see her or a pic of her I am struck by that thought.