I like to buy interestingly shaped pots, but don't care for the color of the clay terracotta much. I also don't like the price of the pots that do have different colors.

So I decided I could paint them! I gathered up the various cans of spray paint and got to work.
This is a light coating of a textured spray paint. The kind that is supposed to make something have a stone look.

Then I used some flat black spray paint. But I didn't really like it. I looked at it and kept thinking,
the pot that called the kettle black.
So I decided to dab some greenish and rust paint on.

Yuck. Didn't like that either. It looks like sick camouflage. I lightly sprayed more black over it, but still am not satisfied, so I put it away. Maybe when I pull it out again, I'll either have another inspiration or decide I like it.
So time to move on to the other pot. I sprayed it with some metallic paint.

It was a bit too plain, so I dabbed some rust colored paint all over it. Love that look. I sprayed several coats of polyurethane over the finished product.

Sometimes I surprise myself with my creativity. :)
1 comment:
Pretty! I was just noticing yesterday while planting how pitiful my old outdoor planters look and how much it will cost to replace them. Now I'm inspired! (Who cares what color they are when I buy them-I can paint them!)
Post a Comment