This cake is a favorite of our Small Group. The last time I made it, we only had 2 or 3 pieces left. One lady asked if she could take a piece home. She wanted some later with coffee at home. She wasn't sure it would last until morning. :)

1 package yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 package (4-serving size) orange Jello
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
Chocolate Frosting
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of a 9x13 pan; lightly flour. (I used cooking spray with flour added -- Easy!)
2. Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes scraping bowl occasionally

Remove 1 1/2 cups of the batter and set aside. Pour remaining batter into pan. Stir dry Jello and orange extract into the 1 1/2 cups of batter.

Drop orange batter by heaping tablespoons randomly onto batter in pan. Swirl batter with knife.

3. Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Frost with chocolate frosting. (I suppose you could use that nasty canned frosting if you really want. I cannot stand the stuff and always make my own. It's much better and I can make it as chocolaty as I want!)

Oh man that looks good! I think I am going to make some for our church potluck on Sunday!
2 comments:
I will have to try that one at the FFA banquet. They wanted sheet cake but that looks much better!
You do know these pictures can be a miniature form of torture for me, right? Do you remember the feeling? "Oh, I'd love to make that but it might cost $50 by time I get ahold of all the ingredients?" :) But I love to look at it and imagine how good it tastes!
And there's plenty I'll miss when we move away from here!
Post a Comment