- My friend, Jen, and I hosted a baby shower Sunday afternoon. I failed to take any pictures. Silly me. We were expecting 6 or 7. Hoping for 10. And 19 (!) showed up! We were so excited. I was happy it all turned out okay. Can't wait to meet the sweet little boy when he is born.
- I cleaned out a cabinet I have in my sewing room. It's the place I stash things when I don't know what else to do with them. It was a mess. I reorganized and threw a bunch of stuff away. I have a pile of things to use to redecorate the landing on the stairway. (We stripped the wallpaper and repainted a wall in the stairway.) I also have a pile of things to burn. We have friends (Jen & her hubby) who have bonfires during the summer and we have this weird thing about burning things like old household decorations. It makes for a fun evening!
- I learned last week that it's a good idea to actually put coffee in the coffee maker otherwise just filtered hot water comes out. :) Fortunately I caught this before too long into the cycle and before the company came over.
- I'm getting ready to start a new quilt. My goal is for this to not take me a year to make. Hopefully a month.
- We saw "New In Town" last Friday night. It was supposed to be set in New Ulm, MN. Yes, there really is a town with that name. It's about 45 miles south of here. And no, the movie wasn't filmed there. Most of the movie was unrealistic, but it was funny. If you see and and you don't live in Minnesota, just remember the unrealistic part...
- Speaking of Minnesota... I decided I was a bit nuts last week when it was 35-37 and I was out running errands just wearing a sweatshirt. No coat. It felt great!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Happenings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment