Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lemon Bars

This week for Small Group I made Lemon Bars. As you can tell from the recipe card, I have made this countless times. I like it because it uses ingredients that I usually have on hand.
I'll type out the ingredients in case you can't read the card:

Lemon Bars

1 cup margarine
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 Tablespoons lemon juice
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
4 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Blend together the margarine, 2 cups flour and powdered sugar. Press into 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
Mix together the lemon juice, eggs, sugar, 2T flour and baking powder. Pour over crust. Note the hotpad in the picture... remember to use it to put the pan back in oven. :) Trust me, sometime I forget and its' not nice. :) Bake for 25 minutes. The top will be slightly browned.

The icing is made with powered sugar combined with lemon juice. I don't have any measurements for this. I just guess. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have always made them in a jelly roll pan I think I like the fact that in a 9X13 they would be thicker!

Anonymous said...

They look really good! I should have you take pictures for my website. Nice

Judy said...

Beth - I've never made them in a jelly roll pan even though that's what the recipe says. Funny, huh?

Mary - I know a BETTER photographer... You're related to him, you know! :)