Friday, February 20, 2009

Blow Out

My husband loves his shoes.

Yes, you read that right.

My Husband.

So you can imagine his sorrow when this happened to a pair of his shoes:
See how sad he looks?

This happened last month when we were in St. Cloud for a movie and dinner. Since they are hightops, he unlaced the top parts and wrapped the laces around the soles. It was really funny.

But I wouldn't think it should be totally a shock since they are at least 14 years old. I found pictures of him wearing them when we went to Switzerland in 1995. I remember (and Pete thinks I'm weird for remembering this) that our trip to Switzerland was the first time he wore them outside. Before that they were strictly inside basketball shoes. So who knows how long he has owned them?

The really crazy thing about the shoe blow-out is the same thing happened to a pair of his hiking shoes when we were in Iowa for Christmas. I didn't get a picture of that. (These pictures were actually Pete's idea. He said I should take some pictures for my blog! What a supportive husband!)





2 comments:

Drew and Rachel said...

Judy, we also have blow-outs in this family, but they are usually of the diaper nature. :)

Olson Family said...

Hmmm - when I saw the shoes I thought "they look like they've gone a few miles." My next thought after reading the whole story "If Switzerland is where he first wore those shoes, they knew he was American as soon as he walked up :)." I hope he'll get another pair that he loves. :)