***I posted this on my Facebook. Sorry if you've already read it there. But I know some of you readers haven't. So here you go:
1. I cannot sleep with my pillow touching the headboard of the bed. Cannot. Have to wiggle myself down until there are several inches between my pillow and the headboard. I think my husband should do that too, but he won't.
2. I have to sleep with three pillows. I discovered one of those space bags that you squish the air out of so I can pack the the king sized pillow in the bottom of my suitcase and bring it with me when we fly somewhere. Makes me happy.
3.I like $5 bills. Don't know why. Sometimes I hoard them in my billfold.
4. When I turned 5 I thought I got to go to kindergarten the very next day. (My birthday is in January.) I was told I would go to school when I was 5. I have a vivid memory of looking out the front window the day after my birthday watching all the kids in the neighborhood walk to school. I was very sad.
5. I love that despite the fact that I can be a royal pain, my husband still adores me.
6. I am humbled that God chose me to be His own and that He adores me despite the fact that I sin and take a long time to learn to be obedient.
7. When I was a teenager I wanted to be a figure skater. I always thought they were so graceful. But every time I skated, I wasn't quite so graceful and fell a lot. So I am content with watching the Olympic skaters.
8. My earliest memory is from when I was 2 1/2. I remember seeing my grandma in the casket. I thought it was funny she was sleeping with her glasses on. My mom says that I said, "Is Gamma seeping?"
9. I wish I liked to exercise. But I don't.
10. I love to have people over for dinner and don't mind figuring out the menu and trying new dishes. But I have no imagination for planning baby showers or bridal showers.
11. I like that I learned to quilt and would really like to make two or three quilts a year.
12. Just recently I have thought about learning to knit.
13. I love watching my son grow up and use the gifts and talents he's been given to serve God. I miss him being closer, but I am so proud of who he is.
14. I am super excited about having a daughter-in-law in July! I just love her to pieces. She is such a kind, loving person. I think she is The Best Thing :) for my son.
15. I love seeing my daughter happy. I miss her more than words can say and I wish I lived close enough to pop by for lunch or an afternoon of shopping.
16. I love singing on our church's worship team. If you would have asked me 10 years ago if I would do that I would have said never. But I really do like it.
17. I adore my daughter's boyfriend. He is such a strong man of God. I am amazed at how specifically God answers prayers.
18. I still have the Easy Bake oven I got for Christmas almost 40 years(!) ago. I have no idea if it still works. I should find out.
19. We lived in Singapore for three years. Sometimes I really miss it. I certainly miss the travel we were able to do as a family. We have such great memories.
20. I have an obsession with bags. Bags like: duffel bags, back packs, purses, suitcases, computer bags. I look and look and look for the perfect one. Lately I've been doing better at not spending too much money on them.
21. My favorite food is lobster. We were on Cape Cod about 4 days a couple of years ago and I had lobster 3 times. Yum!
22. One of my favorite things to do when I was in elementary school was to go to my friend Becky's house up the street on Friday nights to watch The Brady Bunch. Yep. It was Prime
Time.
23. I started a blog almost a year and a half ago. I surprise myself with finding enough to write about to keep it going.
24. I wish I felt rested in the mornings. I always feel groggy for at least the first hour.
25. The best job I have had is being a mom. I am sad that it is done.
2 comments:
Thanks Judy! :)
You are welcome Zachy! :)
Post a Comment