Monday, June 16, 2008

Maybe I Will Get Used To This...

When I first woke up last week with no one else in the house, I thought it was very strange. But this morning I'm thinking this could be a good thing.

Sleeping peacefully until 10 or so? Love it!

I'm sure eventually I'll get caught up on all the lost sleep from all those school mornings I got up early, and not sleep so late. But today I enjoyed it.

Now if I can just get rid of this headache I've had for 5 days now...

Below are some pictures of the colors of summer! It's been such beautiful weather lately.

I do miss Megan and can't wait for her to get home from her trip to Costa Rica. It's just comforting to know I can do this empty nest thing -- I'll be okay.

For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Psalm 57:10



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope everything went well at the doctors. It will take a while for you to realize that you have time for yourself. I guess I may never truely be an empty-nester with my Caleb. But it was/is nice not to have to run all over to watch activities.
mary

Olson Family said...

Thank you for your comment re: "home". And congratulations on your daughter's graduation. I can't even imagine yet. Only 8 or 9 yrs away for me and I think each year will go by too fast for me.

I also hope all went well re: doctors. And your daughter's safe return from her trip! God Bless, Susan