Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

I know I'm a few days late to write about Mother's Day. I've been mulling over what to write.

I know I've gushed and gushed about my kids on this blog. But I guess I never run out of things to say about them.

I have been so blessed to be their mother.

I will NEVER forget the first time I looked in both of their little faces.

I was pretty sick after Caleb was born, so it was several hours before I felt strong enough to hold him. In the wee hours of the night I finally asked the nurse to bring him to me. I remember he opened his little eyes to look at me. Sweet moment.

The first thing Pete said to me after Megan was born was, "Now you have a little girl to go shopping with." (So why does he cringe now when we head to the mall??) I remember holding that sweet little girl with a little pink hat on and kissing those chubby little cheeks she had. I was so thrilled to have a girl.

Thank you, Lord for the blessing of being a mom. Thank you for the privilege of staying home with Caleb and Megan as they were growing up.

Oh, they make a mother proud!!
I so love you guys!!!

No comments: