So which is my favorite picture of him? This one:
Thursday, October 25, 2007
My Son
What a thrill is has been to watch my boy grow into a man. Sometimes I still have a hard time grasping that the young man I now reach up to kiss his whiskered face, is my sweet little blond-haired boy with the high voice, my buddy, the one who I started to learn how to be a mother with. Before Caleb was born, I thought I only wanted girls and was afraid that if I had a boy, I would be disappointed. It wasn't until a few days after he was born that it dawned on me that he wasn't a girl...and I wasn't the least bit disappointed. He won my heart from the beginning. He was/is a great buddy. I had so much fun watching him grow, learn to walk, talk and love Jesus. His very first Bible verse he memorized at age 2 1/2 was Hebrews 13:6, "The Lord is my Helper, I will not be afraid." There is just something so endearing about a sweet little 2 year saying "The Ward is my Helpo I will not be afwaid". That verse has ministered to me more than I could have imagined over the years. Like my daughter, Caleb says that he has on his facebook that "It's not a religion, it's a personal relationship with Jesus Christ." Praise God, he understands what being a Christian is about! When he was turning 13, his dad and I were trying to think of what to give him. We remembered him talking about one of the youth leaders at our church letting him play around on the guitar some. He talked about it a lot and seemed excited about it, so we decided to buy him a guitar. Was that ever God-led! Just recently we were able to witness him using his gift of an amazing guitar player. He is the lead guitar player on the worship teams in college for both Navigators and at his church. That made this mother's heart swell with pride and praise God. It's been fun to see him thriving in college life. He is growing leaps and bounds spiritually. Praise God! He is so talented when it comes to writing. I love to read his stuff, because it almost always has a bit of "Caleb Humor" tucked into it. He'll make a great newspaper reporter! I am thrilled at how he loves and adores his sister. They are so cute together. I love how he wants to protect her. I love how Megan has a specific voice and vocabulary only for her brother and he has sweet nicknames for only her. Caleb has had some real struggles with growing into the man God wants him to be, but he's turning to the Word and and is on the right path! I will not leave out my most favoristest part of my son -- his sense of humor! He can make me laugh like no other and he laughs at my weird humor like no other!
So which is my favorite picture of him? This one:
So which is my favorite picture of him? This one:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That son of our is so handsome - in either picture!
Post a Comment