Thursday, October 18, 2007

Give Me Words to Speak

Calloused and bruised
Dazed and confused

My spirit is left wanting something more
My selfish hopes, my selfish dreams
I'm lying with my face down on the floor

Crying out for more, crying out for more

So give me words to speak
Don't let my spirit sleep
'Cause I can't think of anything worth saying
But I know that I owe You my life

So give me words to speak
Don't let my spirit sleep

Every night, every day
I find that I have nothing I can say
So I stand here in silence waiting Your guidance
I'm wanting only Your voice to be heard
Let 'em be Your words, let 'em be Your words.
-Aaron Shust


I feel that when I open my mouth I don't say the things I mean to say especially when I use my own strength. Aaron Shust sure knows how to put into words what I mean from the heart. I am so sorry when I say things that hurt the ones I love. I want these words to be my prayer. My selfish hopes and my selfish dreams get just in the way. All that really matters is that I owe Jesus my life. Give me words to speak.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above the heavenly hosts
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

***Enough of the sober stuff. Time to move on to dancing to my iPod in the hotel room. :) Some Travis Cottrell "In the Sanctuary" is just the ticket. Psalm 134: We lift our hands in the sanctuary. We will praise you for the rest of our days. Yes, Lord, for the rest of our days! Excuse me for a few minutes....***

Whew!! That felt good! Just be glad no one was here 'cept me and God and it was only meant for Him anyway... :) Music is a great gift from the Lord.

More on our weekend in Lawrence later...

1 comment:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Sanctuary has got to be one of the greatest songs, EVER.

Thanks for visiting my blog..hope you'll come again! ;)

Lisa