Servant: One who serves, or does services, voluntarily or on compulsion; a person who labors or exerts himself for the benefit of another.
Not only will he come to help at any time, he preaches The Word. He has such a gift of being able to make The Word practical to every day life. He has helped this family with learning how to live it out. He always directs us back to The Word. I love how he asks questions to the congregation during his sermon. He doesn't mind if he is interrupted during a sermon with a question. Once, he basically spent to whole time answering questions about having personal devotions and what that means. So awesome.
Here are some things I wrote about him a few months ago: Helps answer hard questions. Asks hard questions. Points me to the Bible. Loves my kids.
His wife has become one of my best friends. Here are some things I wrote about her a few months ago: Tells me I'm a good mother especially when I don't feel like it. Accepts me in her home no matter what she's in the middle of doing. Great buddy for a LONG car trip. Never run out of things to talk about. Loves my kids. I love her kids and her grandkids.
I choose to write about this now because they have two weeks left at our church. **SIGH** He will work for the district in church planting. He will leave a big hole here. I am sad to not have them 1/2 mile from our house.
We will miss his unique sayings. :) A few of my favorites:
Don't go there
Jive-a-lation
Wow! (said during basically every sermon)
Shut-up Moose (said to himself when he is about to say something he shouldn't)
Thoughts to ponder (on every sermon outline)
For what you're about to do we'll be sure to praise you (said at the end of prayers)
No comments:
Post a Comment