Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Another First For This Family

We experienced another first in this family. Megan did this to herself on the day we were getting off the cruise ship. (She smacked her mouth on the back of a chair as she was leaning over to pick something up off the floor, and yes, there was lots of blood...) Thankfully it didn't damage her teeth other than push one of the front teeth out of place.

So now she has a retainer... and now she talks funny. (Ask her to say a few words with lots of S's in them...) She only has to wear this retainer for 3-4 months. After that she will have a beautiful smile with straight teeth -- again!
No one is our family has ever had braces or anything like that. As a matter of fact, everyone except me has only one filling! We certainly don't help the dentist make much money. So we though we'd help out a bit with the retainer. :-)

7 comments:

Zach said...

Did you ask Megan if you could use that picture??

Judy said...

I'm pretty sure she said I could... I had to wait to take the retainer picture until after her face healed. But -- hey -- she's out of the state, so what can she say? :D I know it's not a very flattering picture. But, um, she DID pose for the picture AND it was taken with HER camera!!!

Zach said...

Well you know how she feels about people taking her pictures with out asking... :) I think your going to get in trouble. :) HAHA

Judy said...

Then I'll just resort to the family trick of saying, "I love you!" in that certain irritating tone... :D

Anonymous said...

Zach....What's that comment about taking people's pictures without asking them?! I see we are not the only family that might have that problem. Who wouldn't like a before and after pictures when the after is better. Doesn't happen to me too often!?!?

Zach said...

When I said “her picture” I meant she owns it or it was taken with her camera… therefore she has say over how it’s used. That is why I was telling Judy she is going to get in trouble… she used pictures taken by Megan’s camera without asking.

Anonymous said...

Blah...Blah....Blah...Blah..Blah!!