Gus the Goldfish.
What we didn't know about Gus was that he only had a lifespan of 3 weeks. Yep. :'( He was only a part of our household for three weeks.
We had a moving memorial service. Well, I guess the moving part was the swirling of the toilet water...
So long Gus!
Next came The Four. A friend of Megan's brought these over because she knew what had happened to Gus.
These were named Diablo (because he was a bit spastic), Chip (because he was little), and the other two were Dominick and Dominique (because we couldn't tell them apart -- Caleb called them "The Doms"). None of these lasted a week. :(
These were named Diablo (because he was a bit spastic), Chip (because he was little), and the other two were Dominick and Dominique (because we couldn't tell them apart -- Caleb called them "The Doms"). None of these lasted a week. :(I had to insert the sad face so you wouldn't hear my laughing at that.
As you might notice, The Four are in a salad bowl. I was fine with letting that be the temporary home, because I knew I wouldn't be without it for long.
And I was right.
Next came Joey.
Joey was actually in the house the same day that Gus was flushed. (Ooo -- that rhymes!) Megan didn't need much mourning time, did she?
Here's a picture of Joey just hanging out and being mellow:
And here's Joey looking pretty. (Can you say that about a boy fish?)
That was after he "saw" another fish ... in a mirror I held up to the bowl, that is. Joey has been with us for almost 6 weeks! He even survived a week's stay at The Fish-Sitter's house. (Megan was in New York City.) Remember how her dad and I don't like to be liable for the pets?
So, after over 23 years of marriage, in an 8 week time period, we have had a total of 6 fish in the house. And one remains.
Live! Joey! Live!
Swim! Joey! Swim!
Swim! Joey! Swim!
2 comments:
Isn't 3+6=9 not 8.... ?
Whatever, Zach. You really need to do something about this need/obsession you have to be right. Geez.
Post a Comment