Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Living in the flesh really stinks

Oh how I relate to Paul's words in Romans 7:15 "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." Verse 21: "So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me..."

I know that is somewhat of a mind twister to sort out. But I feel like so many times I want to do good, I know how to do good, but that evil, sinful nature is right there and I choose to do what I hate. And worst of all, the the process, make stupid, stupid choices that hurts those around me or cause those around me to compromise their convictions so they won't offend me. How dare I put them in that position. That truly grieves me and I am sorry and beg their forgiveness.

I want to live in grace. And praise God that He is a God of second chances and third chances and sixteen-bazillion chances!! He again says through Paul:
"...my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest in me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

After I quit kicking myself I will work on, for Christ's sake, delighting in my weaknesses. And then I will:
forget what is behind and strain toward what is ahead, and press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

Well, I got a little more self-kicking to do and then work on asking God for His power in my life and start pressing on towards the goal. Thanks to those of you in my life who love me and care for me despite my shortcomings. I hope I am as gracious to you.

"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." Philippians 4:8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love you. And I'll be beside you always, whether you're kicking yourself or straining for the prize.

Judy said...

Thank you, my love. I want others to know that this isn't just directed to you. You weren't the only one affected, but thanks for being by my side.