Saturday, October 27, 2007

I Don't Think the Bird has the Advantage

I've been thinking about the saying, "The early bird gets the worm." I am doubting that it really works that way. It certainly doesn't for me.

Not that I'm looking for worms or anything.

I have yet to see the advantage of getting up early. The other morning I was up by 5:30. (oh-dark-30) Just couldn't sleep any more. Now any of you who know me, will find that VERY strange... I love my sleep more than the next person, especially to sleep-in in the morning. So since I was up, I decided to get a jump start on the laundry and maybe have it done before noon. So I tossed a load in. Not until after the whole load was done, after I had taken a nap because I was tired after getting up so early, did I realize that I never put any soap in the washing machine! So I had to run the whole load again. I think I was done with laundry that day by 3 pm.

So much for getting things done early.

Does the early bird really get the worm? Or is she so foggy-brained that she forgets what she doing out there hopping along the grass and stops for a nap? I can't even begin to count how many times I have forgotten to tell my kids something important before they go off to school. It's inevitable that about 10am I remember everything, but it's too late since the kids have been in school for 2 1/2 hours. 10am is the magic hour for me. My brain finally clears and I'm ready to conquer the day, unless of course I've gotten up too early and have to take a nap before lunch...

Whew! This is making me sleepy.

3 comments:

Zach said...

I don't know Judy... owls aren't normally morning birds.hahahahaha. And they don't normally eat worms ether.. hahahaha

Judy said...

So, Zach, you're calling me an owl?? Should I be offended? Hmmmm... I'll have to think on that...

Zach said...

Yes you should be offended.... yeah I know I was reaching a little on this one... you had described yourself as owly the other day... so thats what surd the comment.. sorry for the lame joke:)