I'm joining up with the Wednesday Hodgepodge this week. Click on over to Joyce's blog and read others answers to these questions or even better, link up yourself!
1. This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?
I have never done anything to observe Lent. I used to think the whole "give up something for Lent" was silly. But I base that on some high schools friends who gave up earth shattering things like chocolate, chewing gum or soda pop. But now that I'm older, I understand the concept a little better. It is something I would be willing to look into sometime in the future.
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday... tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you?
Pancakes are yummy! I went out for breakfast yesterday morning, but opted for cinnamon french toast. When I have pancakes, I like them with a smidge of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup.
3. I'm sure there are many, but what's one love song you really love?
Well, this one is my hubby's favorite:
And just for fun and giggles:
(Is it sad I can still sing along with this?)
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
One of my love languages is Gifts. I love to give the perfect gift and I love to receive gifts. I love the thought that goes into choosing a gift. Another love language of mine are Words of Affirmation. I try to express to my loved ones how I feel about them and I try to encourage them. I need to study the love language of those I interact with to know how to communicate in their language.
5. Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color?
I love yellow roses. I based the whole color scheme of our wedding based on that.
Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers?
My sweet daughter and her husband sent me flowers for my birthday.
Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
Frankly, I don't care what type of flowers. I just love opening the door to flowers, or to Hubby coming in the door with flowers. I'm not picky. :)
6. President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
I would be interested in touring of any of those if I was in the area of them. I like history.
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
Keep secrets from my hubby? Not good at all. Every single time I have thought to myself, "I won't tell him that", he knows by the end of the day. Well, who am I kidding? Sooner than that. Christmas and birthdays are torture!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've been busy in in sewing room working on my next quilt. I've been busy sewing 394 little squares on 234 bigger squares. (Seriously, those are the numbers.) Yes, tedious. But TV keeps me distracted.
If you doubt my numbers, I figured it all out on graph paper. And I did math and everything!




10 comments:
I bet the quilt is going to be beautiful. I love quilts. My great-grandmother and grandmother used to make them, I still have a couple that they made. I tried making one for my son when he was young. I machine quilted it. It was a lot of work and I was so glad when I finished it. My daughter tells me all the time that I owe her one since I made one for my son.
Organization is key to quilting, right? Or something anyway. :D I'm sure it will be beautiful when it's all finished and then you'll be able to see what you've accomplished. And I agree with you. I so rarely get flowers, that I won't be picky about what kind if someone decides to give me some. Flowers make me happy! :)
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, you ladies that can accomplish making a beautiful quilt just makes me oooze with envy!! And such beautiful colors you are using.
As for YOUR song, I see absolutely nothing wrong with being able to lip sync to the lyrics. That shows you have a special taste and adoration for a certain song 'cause it means so much.
I love the squares for your quilt (crafting of any sort is not in my skillset, so I admire it so much more in others!) Please do share a pic once it's finished as I totally want to see it. :)
Sure hope you'll share what your quilt looks like when it's finished! I'd love to see it! My paternal grandma was a quilter for many years. Oh, you've got to love a little "Captain and Tennile"!
I just love the two-color quilts. I've done blue and white quilts, and I do believe it's time to do a red and white one ... after I do the spinning stars quilt (by Minick and Simpson). ;-) Seriously, I can't wait to see your new quilt.
I would love to see the finished quilt. I am sure it is going to looking fabulous. I have an allergic reaction when I hold a needle so I will never be a quilter.
We tease my daughter about her inability to keep a secret.
I'm with you on the flowers...I'm not picky, and if hubs walks in the door with some my face instantly breaks into a smile. They are such a spirit lifter.
Love Will Keep us Together takes me back to 8th grade tap...I did a tap dance to that song : )
Never heard that Joe Cocker song- but now I have I love how romantic it is!!!!
What great songs you chose! Love them both but have to admit I was singing along and bopping to Captain and Tenille ;)
Post a Comment