Monday, February 4, 2013

Stuff and Things

Outside my window... Gray. Although, I did see the sun for a while today. An unusual sighting this time of year.

I am thinking
... about a cruise we are going on next month. I am so looking forward to being warm!


I am thankful for...a good appointment at the eye doctor. Everyone in that office is so kind. Now I am just waiting for the pupils in my eyes to not be so dilated and for things to look more clear.

I am wearing... a warm, warm sweater. Duh. It's winter here in the north. And will be for the foreseeable forever.

I am going
...to work on my next quilt project this week. This one is from red and white fabrics and I'm excited to see how it will turn out! I made a couple of practice blocks last week just to make sure I was going to like it before I starting in on all the cutting.

I am currently reading
... a biography about James Alfred Wight, or James Herriot. He wrote the books: All Creatures Great and Small, The Lord God Made Them All, Every Living Thing, All Things Bright and Beautiful, and several others. He was a veterinarian in England. I've read those books before, probably more than 20 years ago. I plan to read through them again after I finish the biography.

I am hoping... for change. Kinda weird because I usually don't like change. But hubby and I need change. (Ask me if you want more details.)

Noticing that
...I didn't care for the majority of the commercials during the Super Bowl last night and that's the only reason I was parked in front of the TV -- to watch the commercials. My favorite was the "God Made a Farmer" one.


Pondering these words... "I have drawn you with unfailing kindness." (the last part of Jeremiah 31:3) That is one of my memory verses for this year. As I've been working on memorizing it, I have been thinking about all the ways that God has shown me (and therefore drawn me to Him) with His kindness. Quite mind-blowing.
 
From the kitchen... I finally made a loaf of banana bread that was successful! The week before I made some, but totally under baked it. It was nice and browned on the outside, but when I dumped it out of the pan, it oozed all over the stove-top. I don't know how I thought a load of quick bread would bake in 25 minutes. The brain was not fully engaged that day.

One of my favorite things
... Going out to eat with my hubby. I like just sitting there across from each other and talking with none of the distractions of home. (And not having to cook is a bonus!)

From my picture journal... Hubby gave me some Paperwhite flower bulbs for Christmas to force. We planted them a couple of weeks ago and they haven't done much. I don't know if they are duds or it just hasn't been sunny enough. I will be sad if they don't grow and bloom. I thought that was a really cool gift.





2 comments:

Joyce said...

I love paperwhites-I hope they perk up. Maybe it's too cold just yet in the Great White North : )

Hoping the change is a good one!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I sure hope your paperwhites perk up. I think it was a cool gift, too. I liked the God Made a Framer commercial, as well as the Jeep one and the Clydesdale commercial.

I can't wait to see your new quilt ... I hope you'll share pictures as you work on it. I've made several blue blue and white quilts, and I'm thinking of trying a red and white one before too long.

I like change. One of the things that I'm disappointed about our open floor plan is that it doesn't lend itself to rearranging furniture. I used to rearrange furniture about every other month ... just to get a little change. I miss that.