Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Snowy Hodgepodge


 
It snowed yesterday so I think it's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge! (yeah, I know, random...) Go on over to Joyce's blog and play along. Or you can just read through all those who linked up. Or both.


1. How will you spend 'the night before Christmas'?
Well, that all depends on how "Christmas" is defined. In my world, Christmas is a different day each year and most of the time it is not on December 25th. This year we'll be having our Christmas celebration with the kids on the 24th. So 'the night before Christmas' is on the 23rd. We will all be gathering here and enjoying a spaghetti supper.

2.  What is one thing you are not?
I am not a morning person. But then, I don't think that's a newsflash to anyone who knows me in person, or anyone who has read this blog for any amount of time. (In fact, Sunday morning when I got up, my sweet Hubby brought me a glass of iced tea [yes, I drink it year round] and said as he was walking out of the bedroom, "I'll let you have your wake up time." Smart man. He knows me well after all these years.

3.  Fudge-are you a fan?  Your favorite flavor?

Is there any other flavor than Chocolate? I do like fudge and if it's chocolate with some sort of nuts in it even better. I don't eat much of it because it is super sweet. I don't remember having ever made it myself.

4. Did you attend any craft/vendor fairs in the month of December? Do you prefer homemade goodies or the more professional stalls? Are you giving any homemade gifts this year?
I have not attended a craft fair in a very long time....as in years. I'm only giving one handmade gift and I probably better not say what it is. I will say, I got myself all sidetracked with making those quilts for those adorable twins that I didn't do more handmade things like I thought I might.

5. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering?

My favorite would be when I am with our kids. Last year we celebrated Christmas with them on New Year's Eve or what I called: Happy New Christmas Merry Year's Eve Day. It was a really fun day with them.

6. We're approaching a new year...what's going to be different in 2013?
I know some things I would love to be different, but I have no idea if it will be a reality....

7. Share a favorite scripture, quote, saying, or song lyric relating to peace.
“God can't give us peace and happiness apart from Himself because there is no such thing.”
-C.S. Lewis

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Snow on the ground means snowmobiles zipping around the field next to our house. Blech.

7 comments:

Kara said...

I am not a morning person either! Definitely gotta have my "wake up time". :) And that's an excellent quote. C S Lewis is just so quotable!

Sammie said...

I'm jealous of your snow :) Great quote as well.

Joyce said...

I almost chose that C.S. Lewis quote for my answer too. It is so simple, yet so deep.

Your baby quilts will be a treasure! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Jill said...

I'm not a morning person either. Think I need some coffee.

Loved your quote! Merry Christmas!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I have surprised myself and become something of a morning person ... but I still need an hour or two to get myself ready for the day. ;-) Oh, I drink iced tea year 'round, too.

Well, I guess that means that tonight will be my night before Christmas (we'll be having our Christmas with DD and her family tomorrow). So I'll spend my night before Christmas with DD and her family, finishing up our cookie baking. ;-)

And like you, my favorite holiday gathering is any one that I spend with my daughter and her family. ;-)

retired not tired said...

There will be no snow for us this Christmas however that means great travel for our daughter H and her family coming for Christmas. I won't see my parents because they willl get snow and travelling to see them would be treacherous.

Nani said...

The real celebration of Christmas really is about the people more than the date on the calendar, isn't it? I mean the religious part is all year, really. The personal part is family.

You sound as is snowmobiles in winter are the equivalent of our motorcycle races n summer. why can't they make their noise in someone else's backyard??

Merry Christmas!