Saturday, September 29, 2012

Table Runners

A few day ago I wrote about spending a lot of time sewing. I have finished a couple of table runners and thought I'd post some photos.

Remember my post about using a  die cutter to cut up some of my stash and how I ended up with this pile of 5" squares?




Here's a table runner I've made from just a small part of that pile: (I made this one for my sister.)



I made just a little label for the back. 
I like how using the same fabric as the backing blends in so well.


I bought a charm pack called Breeze from my one (so far) visit to The Missouri Star Quilt Company. I just love the colors. This is the table runner I made from that: (I made this one for my daughter.)



For both of these table runners I sewed the binding on the back and brought it around to the front and sewed it with a running zig-zag top-stitch. I like the added texture and it's a bit more durable.

It feels good to finish some projects. And yes, I already have the next one laid out and ready to go. :)

2 comments:

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

how pretty! Nice!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

How nice ... I keep meaning to make up some table runners ... but just not seem to get to them ... I definitely need to, and I think you've inspired me to. ;-)