1. I've meant to write about our weekends for the last three or four weekends. Let's just do a little photo recap.
2. Mmmmm.... my favorite pizza was consumed last weekend. Love that thick wheat crust. They even have honey in the restaurant to squeeze into the crust. Mmmmm....
3. Several weekends ago we went to visit our parents. On Sunday we got to worship with my parents at the church where Hubby and I were married. We hadn't been there for a long time. It was good to be back and good to see a friend from high school days. I sneaked this photo during a prayer. Shhh... don't tell.
4. The skies on the drive back home were fantastic. There were several storm cells around us.
5. Labor Day weekend we had honest-to-goodness-real-live-company! Our daughter and son-in-law came for the weekend. (And Charley!)
6. We had fun at a picnic:
7. Someone had fun chasing a ball and a frisbee:::
8. And that puppy had even more fun hanging his head out the window.
Seriously, doesn't he look so happy?
10. I can't even begin to say how much we enjoyed having Megan, Zach and Charley here for the weekend. We rarely get company so it was such a treat to plan and fix meals for them and just to have more voices in the house.
11. Have you ever started a project with a great goal in mind only when it was almost done you realized it's not going to turn out quite like you envisioned? I've been working on finishing up a quilt top I started while I was watching the Olympics. I think it is mostly the fabric I chose that is bugging me. I like the fabric, but just not for the pattern I am using. Hubby convinced me it will be a great take-outside quilt. So today I finished the borders. I guess I learned not everything turns out like I pictured in my head and what type of fabric works better for that specific pattern.
12. This weekend is a quite one at home. Hopefully I can finish the backing for my take-outside-quilt and get it ready to put in the mail to The Missouri Star Quilt Company on Monday. I've had two quilts quilted there and just love the work they do.
13. The city has put a ban on lawn watering due to the lack of rain. Right after Hubby (& Megan and
Zach) worked hard to re-seed part of the lawn that was dead due to the lack of rain. Ugh. All week long I have noticed county highway trucks filling up tanks from the fire hydrant on the corner of our property. Hmmmm... Should I let the city know where all their water is going? :)
14. I'm going for fourteen random comments, but can't really think of anything else, so this non-comment will have to suffice as a fill-in. :)
1 comment:
I'd love to see your take-outside quilt. ;-)
We always treated our dogs to ice cream - in their very own cups, too. Spoiled much, ya think?
I'm glad I found your blog and am your newest follower.
Post a Comment