Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Happenings

Outside my window... there is only a tiny bit of snow! I am beyond happy that we have not had very much snow this winter. It snowed a bit yesterday, but was in the 40s today so it mostly melted! Yay!

I am thinking
... that I need to live somewhere warmer. It's only January and we've had a pretty mild winter, but I am already tired of winter and would love to just wear flip-flops and capris.

I am thankful for... my husband's immense patience with me. Today he patiently took me shopping. He stayed in the car and read while I wandered through several stores and ended up not buying a single thing. I told him I had a severe case of DMD (Decision Making Disorder). Oh well. I guess I save money that way.

I am wearing... a red sweater that my daughter helped me pick out when she was in high school and new jeans (that turn my hands blue) I bought when we were in Houston.

I am going
... to finish a cover for my sewing machine. I have the top done (for over a year...) and need to layer it and quilt it, then make it fitted to go over my sewing machine. Planning on working on that this week.

I am currently reading
... a biography about Eric Liddell. He was the inspiration for the movie Chariots of Fire (1981). He also was a missionary in China. I bought the book for my hubby last year because hubby is a runner and Eric won a Gold Medal in the 1924 Olympics for the 400 metre run.

I am hoping... we can find a church where we come away encouraged. We have been attending a church in the country about 13 miles from here. We really enjoyed it when we first started going there about 10 months ago even though they had an interim pastor. Last fall they hired a new guy and we have been less than impressed with his sermons, but kept going hoping for something better. Today's sermon? Well, let's just say it was marginally Biblical. We're going to see what we can find for churches in a town about 50 miles away. I tell you, this is truly frustrating to us. Truly.

Noticing that
... I rarely win a SCRABBLE game on Facebook. But I keep playing. Guess I'm in it for the fun and not the win.

Pondering these words... Let the king be enthralled by your beauty; honor Him, for He is your lord. (Psalm 45:11) 
 
From the kitchen... some extremely gooood Raspberry Sorbet I made last night.

One of my favorite things
... Spending time with my husband. (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that here before a time or two.)

From my picture journal...
Here's a shot of the Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream I made for my mom's birthday celebration.
 [I don't know if it's a good thing or not that I learned how to use our ice cream maker.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Sounds like the shopping trip ended up being mostly a time spender. Maybe next time...

The blue hand from the jeans comment made me want to send you this:
On the first wash, I put the new garment in the washer with 1 cup of white vinegar. This sets the dye and prevents fading. You can but don't have to use detergent--it's all about setting the dye.
Perhaps you already know this hint. Anyhow, that's what I do, especially with new jeans or dark colors.
Hugs to you. Until next time...

Olson Family said...

I love the verse you shared in this post - let Him be enthralled. Thank you and stay warm!