Tuesday, April 19, 2011

We Left

 When we heard the winter weather was coming back to Minnesota, we took off.

Well, we really had planned the trip several months ago. We just got lucky and missed the snow. (Yes, it snowed up north. In late April.)  (I know!)

We headed to Kansas to see our kids. Sunday morning these four ran a race:
This is a friend of my daughter's, my son-in-law, my daughter and my hubby!


These three ran a 10K race. (That's 6.2 miles) They were all very happy with their times.


This guy ran a half marathon. (13.1 miles) He was happy with his time too.










Me? Yes, I was there, and yes, it was early, and yes, I was tired. But I managed a few photos to document the event.





After all that excitement, Hubby and I escaped to here:


This is in the woods in southern Missouri. This cabin is called The Refuge. It is so peaceful here we may never leave. :) Last night we were outside and the woods were noisy! It was oh so awesome to listen to.

This afternoon a thunderstorm rolled through complete with some hail. Our car was sitting out in it and the lights started flashing and the horn was honking. I think it was saying, "Ow!"


 It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain. Isaiah 4:6

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Looks like a great spot and of course its always fun to have time with our kids. I am thinking you may have put that winter coat away a little bit too early : )

Drew and Rachel said...

cool!

Gigi said...

Oh...I want to be in that cabin. Now!!!!! It looks heavenly!