I am reluctant to say this, because I think almost every blogger I read says this at one time or another, but lately I have been having a difficult time coming up with things to blog about. So, I apologize for the lack of posts.
But, can I say I am thankful for the prompts from my blogging buddy, Joyce? (I know I don't actually know Joyce IRL, but I feel like we are buddies because we have so much in common and I think that if we didn't have 1200 miles separating us, we'd go out for lunch and have a great time.) All that to say that I am participating in Joyce's Wednesday HodgePodge this week. Thanks Joyce! Go over to @From This Side of the Pond to read some other bloggers' answers to this week's questions.
1. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time or have a significant conversation with two people?
It probably depends on what kind of party it is. If I don't know very many people, I think I would rather talk to a couple of people. But if it is people I know, then I'd likely talk to more people. (How's that for a wishy-washy answer?)
2. What objects do you remember from your parent's living room?
I remember two little angel figurines that are on a bookshelf. They sit on a little bench and are kissing. When my parents were arguing with each other, I would switch the figurines around so they were facing away from each other.
My mom has a Nativity set that my grandmother made out of Plaster-of-Paris. It is plain white. I've always liked it and remember playing with it (carefully) when I was little and rearranging the shepherds and wise-men and Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus.I also remember my parents having friends over and sitting in the living room talking all night. I thought that seemed like the most boring thing ever. Just sitting around and talking? No playing outside or playing games?
3. Do you hog the bed? Steal the covers? Snore?
Yes, I hog the bed. That's why we have a king size bed now. :) (And, oh, how I love it!)
No, I don't steal the covers, that is all taken care of by Hubby. (But, then since I am you know, 50, I often don't need covers thanks to my own personal furnace I got going.)
And I don't think I want to answer the last question. Doesn't seem very lady like. ;) I will say that we do have a Sound Machine that helps mask some of the extra noises going all while Hubby and I are sleeping.
4. Speaking of Easter Dinner....what is your favorite way to cook/eat lamb? Or does just the thought of that make you squeamish? If you're not cooking lamb what will be your entree du jour on Easter Sunday?
We were speaking of Easter Dinner?? :) I have never fixed lamb, but I do like it. Several years ago we spent 10 days in New Zealand (where there are more sheep than people) and I had lamb every opportunity I could. The last time I had lamb was last year in my favorite restaurant in our previous town.
| Doesn't it look yummy? |
A side story: When I was little (5 or 6?) I had an adorable stuffed lamb. One night for dinner my mom fixed lamb and my loving siblings (**cough cough**) told me it was my Little Lamby we were eating. I remember running to my bedroom to make sure he was okay. (He was.)
5. Do you know the whereabouts of your birth certificate and when was the last time you had to produce it to prove you're you?
My birth certificate is in the fire-proof safe in the basement. I think the last time I had to use it was when I first got a passport before we went to Switzerland to visit my sister-in-law and niece in 1995. I probably used it when we moved to Singapore,which was in 1998, so I guess that would qualify as the last time, huh?6. As a child, how did people describe you?
My grandma always introduced me to her friends as "Clair's baby." Even when I was over 10. Sheesh. (I miss my grandma. She was great.) I think people thought I was a happy kid. But I don't really know what people said. I was cute though, huh? :)
7. What do you complain about the most?
Living in this small, rural town. Ugh. Ick. Yuck.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Random video time! Here's the best movie scene ever... from Sleepless in Seattle: And here is the scene from An Affair to Remember:
(I can't decide which is sappier, the dialogue or the music...)

10 comments:
My husband was reading the comments on my blog yesterday and he liked yours. I told him we would definitely be friends if we lived in the same town.
I love the hair dryer...I just had a flashback to sitting under a dryer on Saturday night so my hair would look nice for Sunday.
Love the kissing angel story too...kids are so perceptive!
That's funny...how you switched the figurines around when they were fighting. Funny what we remember. Nifty hair dryer...wish they still made them...it might keep my daughter in one spot while I dried her hair.
I am so with you on #7...
sigh.
Oh that photo of you in the hairdryer sure brings back memories. I think we both had the same bangs too!
Oh short bangs...how I LOATHE them! I too have a school pic where a bang accident had just happened.
And that hair dryer! Awesome!
I used to sit under a hair dryer on Saturday nights, too! And about eating your little lamby, aren't older siblings cruel? : )
Glad your lamby was ok. I love the pictures of you as a child. I so remember a hair dryer just like that one. Wow! I hadn't thought of that in years. They really worked quite well. And fit over the curlers. :)
Oh my...the black and white photo...um...yeah. Sometimes I think that parents should do time for the horrible haircuts they made their children endure. Still, your smile is adorable in that picture!!
I had a hair dryer like that too. Looking back can be so fun
Lack of post is why we do meme's like Wednesday Hodgepodge! Your poor little lamby. I did a rice krispie lamb last year and my kids
(adults) made red frosting and massacred it! Two great movies.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Post a Comment