We are into day two after everything was unloaded in our new town. I have accumulated some random thoughts about moving. Enjoy (?) the brain dump:
*I wish moving automatically involved everything would be dusted. I was embarrassed at the amount of dust that is behind the books on the book shelves and on the silk plants.
*I have an amazing husband who lets me leave the house when the chaos ensues. Coffee shops are great places to hang out.
*Last summer the movie UP came out. It's about a couple growing old together and the dreams they had. Caleb and Amanda saw it and cried several times throughout it. They are in the stage of life of just starting out and dreaming big. We saw Toy Story 3. It's about Andy, the owner of the Toys getting ready to go off to college. The scene where Andy and his mom go into his room and it's basically empty..... Oh. My. Not the recommended movie when one is packing up the house to move and packing up "kids" rooms for the last time. Ever.
*We have a lot of stuff. I see a lot of full trash cans in out future. It's funny how I can just forget we even owned certain things.
*I own a LOT of dishes. I think the hubby counted 27 or so boxes of dishes. I may or may not have a problem.
*I am strangely looking forward to unpacking boxes and sorting through everything. But ask me this in another week or two and see if I am ready to scream if I look at another box.
*It's not a good thing to have my laptop decide not to work. At least the antique desktop woirks. S-l-o-w-l-y.
*So no pictures until it is fixed.
Judy (no fun signiture either...)
3 comments:
So many changes in so short of a time!! That makes ME practically tear up at the thought of packing up the kids' rooms so shortly after the last one married off.
Wow, I haven't moved in quite a while and I'm afraid if I did it'd be almost traumatic. I do try and clean out every so often, but it doesn't mean that things are lurking in the corners of my house that would make me wonder WHY I have them. Hope unpacking is therapeutic for you.
susan
Even when you move 10 times like we have, dust stays where it falls...forever. When can I come and help you unpack?
Post a Comment