I am down to my last load of laundry. I am quite weary of hauling laundry around, especially the wet loads. After one more load, I will be caught up with laundry from the wedding week. Only my husband and I have this nasty habit of wearing clothes and getting more clothes dirty. SIGH.
Okay enough of the whining.
Last week was quite epic. We knew things were underway when the Groom, Zach, picked up one of his groomsmen from the airport. After getting his passport with the visa granted two days before, the groomsman flew in from Thailand! We all enjoyed getting to know him and he even liked my cooking. He wrote on my Facebook wall "your foods are awesome." I think I will quote him often. :)
Friday we finished up the decorations. The Bride was happy.
Friday evening was filled with rehearsal, dinner and a bonfire.
Have I ever said how happy I am my new son-in-law is a terrific cook? Look at this pork he smoked for the rehearsal dinner:
I wonder where the leftovers are? Yummm!
I took this picture at the bonfire and was very happy with my little camera:
Zach's mom brought the fixings for S'mores. But they weren't any normal, boring S'mores. She did have the traditional Hershey bars, but she also had different flavors of Ghiradelli chocolate squares! Mmmm.
Saturday morning brought rain and a pretty sick Bride. She was on day three of a nasty cold. But she was filled with such grace and peace the whole day. That all added to the fact that she was a stunning bride.
I will just finish this off with several pictures from the day. It's hard to put into words all the emotions I felt that day. But I will say that sheer joy for Zach and Megan was at the top of the list.


2 comments:
ooh! That looks good - Zach may need to do a guest-blog and give us all the recipe :) (that is, when he has time!! We lowly blog-readers are probably pretty far down on this new grooms list of priorities, after all :) )
And that pasta at the reception was pretty awesome too!
The whole wedding was great, and they were one radiant, beautiful couple!
Beauitful wedding pictures, and the pork looks delicious as well :)
Post a Comment