Saturday, June 12, 2010

Don't Try This at Home

In preparation for our move, I've been trying to use up the food we have in the freezer. I had two items I thought I would combine. A frozen pie crust and two cups of shredded zucchini. I searched around on the Internet until I found a recipe I thought sounded good.

A Zucchini Quiche. Perfect!

It would use up some of the eggs I have on hand as well. The recipe also called for a herbed mayonnaise I thought sounded really good. After I mixed all the ingredients together, I was having second thoughts.

I was right to have second thoughts. It was awful. 
It tasted like baked mayonnaise with Swiss cheese and a little garlic. We both tried a couple of bites and oh, how I wish I had a picture of my hubby's face! We were laughing so hard, the tears started coming.

So this is what we did next:
We headed to the grocery store to find Plan B.


Yeah for PFChang's frozen meals. It was much better.


I love to try new recipes and I'm not afraid to try them when we have company. The quiche is one meal I'm glad I didn't try for company.

But we sure had a good laugh tonight.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you had a plan B! I laughed so hard. I too am notorious for trying out new recipes on guests. I could almost see the looks on their faces had you had anyone over.

Beth said...

remember when mom made chocolate cookies with zucchini in them and we ate them cuz we though they had coconut in them,,,, then when we found out we neer ate another one!

Olson Family said...

Love it. We still laugh about the stinky cheese potato incident when we first moved here and I wasn't always sure what I was buying. Had to wipe down the whole kitchen - fortunately it's small! I'm so out of it - PF Chang's has frozen food?
Will be in Minneapolis for one day next week but booked with family/friends/bank appointment! and sounds like you're moving. Someday, we'll have to meet again.

Judy said...

Beth -- the cookies actually had sauerkraut in them. Ick.